At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Provide design-engineering support from bid acquisition through to project execution, supporting under direct supervision, the work of the systems design and engineering group. Interface with the project engineers, technology engineers, analysts and department engineering leaders.Essential Responsibilities:
- Undertake calculations and analyses using a combination of in-house and general software as well as hand calculations
- Assist in the design/execution engineering interfaces
- Attend client meetings as BHGE technical representative
- Provide technical support to internal execution engineering and to external customers
- Ensure that the applicable engineering aspects of the design, quality and safety requirements are implemented in accordance with BHGE and statutory requirements
- Prepare, review and approve design documentation
- Produce engineering reports and other documents in accordance with BHGE procedures
- Interface with all departments as required, to present a comprehensive technical package
- Project Deliverables
- Departmental key performance indicators
- Project Interfaces including internal stakeholders
- Compliance and integrity
- A suitable degree in mechanical, structural, marine engineering or Naval Architecture (Other science based degrees may be considered with commensurate experience)
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and computer skills are essential
- High technical ability required
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret technical specifications, governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work on all stages of a project from bid through to execution
- Ability to operate within a multi-tasking dynamic team environment
- Aptitude to learning new design tools to broaden experience
- Clear logical thinker, demonstrating an analytical approach
- Flexible attitude and proactive approach to unpredictable demands
- Ability to perform under pressure to deadlines without compromising standards
- Honesty, integrity, respect for confidentiality
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Understanding of offshore pipeline design and installation methods
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the key performance areas stated above, ideally with at least 1 year as a Design Engineer (preferably in offshore design projects).
- Experience with interacting with customers during commercial tendering.