Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Florence, Tuscany, Italy
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for a talented Buyer who will be responsible for purchasing of materials for Service Business ensuring on time delivery, cost targets and outstanding quality are respected. He/She will be accountable to perform negotiations, carry out purchase orders placement, solve criticalities and support business goals mainly.
- Manage all OTR demands ensuring OTD suppliers' quotations versus the need date, technical alignment completion, final negotiation until purchase order placement
- Lead Supplier evaluations and implementation of improvements for certain commodities. Interface with the Services operations team, Project managers, Engineering, Planning and Quality to gain clear understanding of product & project requirements
- Ensure supplier compliance with regulatory and reputation requirements.
- Promote HSE interdependent culture within BHGE as well as with the Suppliers
- Use knowledge of forecast, prior history, supplier capacity, inventory goals and lead times in order to buy material in a timely manner at the lowest total cost for the business
- Drive and be accountable for operational excellence of assigned products/commodities, including quality and on time delivery
- Support the Fulfillment team of the assigned commodities, to ensure that all the contractual aspects are clearly managed
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or Finance
- Proven years' experience in Sourcing, Operations, Supply Chain and/or Commercial background
- High-energy, self-motivated, willing to take on responsibilities across functions and teams boundaries.
- Willingness to visit Suppliers and develop recovery plans, set production priorities and detail analysis on product work cycle
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
- Negotiation skills
- Influence/communication - establishes good relationships;
- Superior listening skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in Italian and English
- EU work permit
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- interpersonal and facilitation skills with the ability to influence others
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more