Skills: Cost Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Cost Engineer - Wells, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
Day to day cost tracking;
- Ensure correct information is being tracked in cost tracking system (CTX)
- Continued understanding of EFC and daily cost with transparent reporting of these numbers
- During operations, submit daily cost to offshore to be added to DDR
- Liaise with Engineers and service providers to ensure accurate tracking of daily expenditure against project
- Review of time writing for company personnel, ensuring approved personnel are time writing correctly and rejecting any unapproved time writing
- Manage Maximo for cost areas of responsibility, inputting AFE's and approving Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders
Preparation of accurate monthly reports;
- Provide monthly report to relevant JV accountant and/or project team for calculation of monthly accruals
- Ensure all invoices, commitments and time writing have been recorded
- Ensure Value of work done is re-evaluated based on most current data
- Interrogate data received from other team members
- Re-forecast estimate to complete/forecasted final costs and identify any area of concerns such as budget overruns work/delivery slippages etc which may impinge upon other cost areas
- Ensure forecast expenditure phasing is aligned to current plan and also reflects data received from other discussions held with project team member
- Carry out weekly cost review meetings to officially liaise with engineers, discussing value of work done and cost forecasts
- Assist Wells Accounting Team Lead in delivering, maintaining, managing and where necessary improving wells cost framework, procedures and tools
- Work with invoice checkers to ensure review, verification and correct cost allocation/coding of invoices
- Liaise with Engineers and offshore personnel on cost related matters, such as progress, milestones and variations
- Support Wells inventory team with coding, cost and legacy queries where applicable
- Consult with and advise department and accounting personnel on wells accounting issues
- Prepare and review well AFE's
- Prepare and review budgets and forecasts/forecast revisions in advance of submission to Business Partner
- Ensuring readiness of well reconciliations for presentation to Joint Venture partner
- Carry out well reconciliation at the end of each well's operation auditors. Also, respond to any queries from auditors or internal audit co-ordinators
- Follow AFE close out process
- Involvement in year-end audit process, providing information to external auditors and internal audit co-ordinators
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact at all levels
- Articulates views in comprehensive manner
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Ability to adapt to new processes/software
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods
- Self-motivated team player with excellent interface skills at all levels.
- Has good working knowledge of working with Operator Cost Control & Financial Systems.
- Awareness of Project components such as Project Management, Subsea, Topsides, Drilling, Subsurface and Financial.
- Extensive working knowledge of Cost Control - Budgets, Allocations, Commitments, Value of Work, Forecasts and Estimated Final Costs.
- Management of Project provisions - Use of Growth Allowances & Contingency Allowances.
- Preparation of Project Reporting - Internal & External.
- Experience of Vendor Management - Interface/Reporting/Milestones
- Experience of Change Management - Variations.
- Experience of Microsoft Office is essential and working knowledge of Sun and Maximo.
- Drilling CTX Cost control system.
- Graduate in a technical or financial discipline.