Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Commerce City, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Project Controls Analyst
- Use a collaborative approach to develop the project's work breakdown structure for cost and schedule for integrity of work
- Update project statuses in SAP throughout the project lifecycle while working closely with the project manager
- Act as the subject matter expert for project control information (cost and schedule)
- Create and maintain the work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Facilitate interactive planning sessions to develop the projects schedule; ensuring meeting ADEM requirements for each stage of project
- Report any variances in control plan for cost and schedule
- Develop and maintain a total project cost report (at a minimum cost reports will be developed and reviewed with project management monthly)
- Create and maintain monthly cash flow that reflects the total project spend plan and project schedule (the cash flow will be reviewed and approved by the project manager prior to updating the system data)
- Load and maintain the current plan versions into SAP based on approved project control plan and WBS structure
- Support the project close out process for cost and schedule and expedites the closing of purchase orders with input from the Supply Chain Management and the project team throughout the project's life cycle
- Work with the project estimator as required to develop project estimates and estimate the review process
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Four years of related work experience in project controls, cost, and scheduling
- A Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with scheduling and cost management throughout a project's lifecycle
- Experience in Primavera (P6)
- Strong computer literacy and proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Ability to comprehend both Engineering and Construction project deliverables
- Experience in SAP and Project System (PS)
- Knowledgeable in earned value management (EVM)
- Knowledgeable in financial principles
- Experience with resource / role loading and leveling
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- A positive work ethic and you are a strong communicator with an aptitude to build strong positive relationships and effectively drive messaging to diverse groups within an organization
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.