Job Description Where you fit in
The scope of the Payment and Loyalty (PayLo) role delivers on some of the biggest customer value propositions for the Retail business in the USA; thus it receives a lot of focus and is supported by a dedicated Shell Payments Business Team. Shell Retail has one of the largest footprint globally and within the USA market, accounts for roughly 14,000 Shell branded fueling locations. Due to the footprint and number of sales transactions that occur at the sites annually, the Shell payments business is very appealing to third party vendors. In accordance with the strategic Retail 2025 pillar of 'Treating Every Customer as a Guest', the Procurement Manager works intimately with the Shell Payments Team to deliver both innovations such as Connected Car and Mobile Pay and extracts additional value from the traditional card brands and Banking Partners through negotiations or post award contract management.
Given the sheer scale of the US market for payments there is sufficient space for many suppliers with different operating models - be it Banks, specialty payment players, card schemes such as Visa/MasterCard, or rapidly evolving tech pays. This presents opportunity for Shell and to the potential incumbent to bring new perspectives and angles for deal making and business models.
In addition, our Loyalty ambitions are to achieve levels of penetration that take years to achieve elsewhere, and to do this in a compressed timeframe. This not only tests our marketing capabilities, but also those of our selected partners to help make this happen, and again the Procurement Manager can bring innovative ideas to the table to support this agenda and performance management ideas into the contracting to help secure this success.
Most importantly, the US Retail business is delivered through others; whether our Wholesalers, our Vendors, or our Marketing Partners trying to co-create value in areas where we put the Shell brand on their assets - this last area in particular for Payment and Loyalty and it requires skills beyond simply buying and vendor management, it requires an aptitude for partnership development suiting a CP resource with a business development aptitude or experience.
Lastly, sitting with the Americas region there will be times when colleagues in Canada and Mexico will seek help, support, advice from those operating in the biggest local market, and this will provide coaching opportunities and some exposure to other markets. The role also interacts greatly with CP Category Managers for Payment, Loyalty and Digital that sit in other markets such as Asia and Europe.Principle Accountabilities
- Develop commercially competitive Contracting & Procurement strategies for Payment and Loyalty which meets the Business demand (x-CoB at times) while considering potential implementation of Global Strategies at market unit/regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance to the CMCP as an overall 'guidance'.
- Ensure delivery & effectively manage contracts and the Supplier ecosystems they reside within while continuously driving value improvement targets.
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities.
- Ensure supply chain strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices in close liaison with Contract Managers and the Contract Management Teams.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Shell Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business demand and/or procurement practices to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Manage Supplier relationships effectively and collaboratively drive continuous improvement via relevant contract metrics. This would involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of contract delivery and performance.
- Build and maintain a strong network in the marketing, being fully aware of supplier and industry developments.
- Ensure collaborative ways of working with Global Category Manager Team and Operational Excellence Team.
- Builds effective working relationships with others and makes constructive contribution within the immediate team.
- Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always enterprise business value in focus.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of comprehensive experience within Contracting & Procurement.
- Banking experience a plus. Specifically, from both acquiring bank and issuing bank perspective as it relates to credit cards.
- Retail experience and/or Marketing or IT category experience is a must.
- ISM qualification would be ideal.
- Knowledge of SAP Ariba would be an asset but not mandatory.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.