The primary responsibility of a Centrifugal Compressors Application Engineer is to develop creative and robust solutions and turn them into proposals for Baker Hughes customer/client base.Essential Responsibilities:
- Review the Client's Request for Quotation (RFQ) understanding the main requirements and the possible special requests.
- Perform the compressor selection using input from given specs and try to match all the client requirements while proposing competitive machines in terms of cost & efficiency. Where not possible to match all requirements, choose the more convenient configuration based on the normal practices relevant to the process/duty.
- Strong thermodynamics and basics in mechanical engineering will help use proprietary tools such as CCS, TCT and Mecha191 for compressor selection
- Get the aerodynamic performance reviewed by AE COE (Application Engineer Center of Excellence) and/or Engineering if necessary, for special applications.
- Perform the lateral rotor dynamic analysis with the engineering support, when necessary, using internal proprietary tool for Coupling Size Calculation, Journal and Thrust Bearing power losses, compressor shaft scheme and rotor dynamic analysis.
- Perform Compressor equipment selections including drivers and auxiliary systems, using Baker Hughes suite set of tools such as the Product Structuring auxiliary's data base (lube oil consoles, DGS panel, etc.) and leveraging on what done on similar jobs.
- Fully configure the proposed solution(s) using the corporate configurator check list, named ITO Platform and the Meca44.
- Review and comment to the main and specific Customer's Technical Specifications.
- Analyze the client VDR (Vendor document Register) and align it to the internal requirements.
- Prepare Buy out RFQs for gears, dry gas seal cartridges, anti-surge valves, etc.
- Review and verify vendor quotations (if necessary with Engineering/Sourcing support).
- Prepare and communicate the cost of the whole supply including in the ITO platform, all buyout items and extra costs, if any, derived from the specifications review.
- Prepare and submit the technical proposal package generated by the ITO platform.
- Maintain the Deal Machine Opportunity Database as required for those items under area of responsibility.
- Ensure that the Technical proposal in response to client inquiries meet Baker Hughes standards for quality, completeness and timeliness.
- Complete the technical Risk Analysis Management process through SFDC prior to issuing new equipment proposals.
- Participate in internal kick-off meetings and client kick-off meetings.
- Organize, prepare and participate to the hand-off process in case of a project win.
- Support the AE COE group with project or product specific presentations.
- Conducts all above always in respect of the Baker Hughes Integrity and Spirit of Letter guidance's
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, with 5+ years total experience with medium/long assignments in Engineering and in a commercial environment with sales, marketing, application engineering or customer service related to compressor markets.
- Worked in upstream/midstream O&G rotating machinery domain, Candidate must have experience in performing equipment selection and rotor-dynamic analysis with exposure to analysis of thermodynamic, aerodynamic, heat transfer, gas properties, efficiency, head work etc.
- Application and design knowledge of turbomachinery as well as their related auxiliaries (i.e.: motors gears, lube systems, dry gas seal systems etc.).
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills for preparing proposals, conducting meetings, answering sales/customer questions, and writing/explaining technical aspects with dedicated presentations.
- Strong technical expertise in Turbomachinery domain.
- Ability to understand customers' needs and concerns
- Knowledge of business trends in the industry and market.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Six-Sigma trained.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience in upstream/midstream Oil & Gas market.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more