Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
TYPE OF Vessel: Construction Vessel
ROTATION: 5 weeks on/5 weeks off
JOB SUMMARY: As Lead Service Technician you will lead the operation, testing and maintenance of all equipment including any subsea products.
As a key member of our Client's team, you will:
- Lead and instruct other technicians on all apects of the following: job setup, de mob and pre and post testing of all equipment, any and all repairs of equipment.
- Perform pre and post job testing on all equipment. Load and unload gang boxes and work vans.
- Disassemble, inspect, maintain, repair and reassemble all equipment. Troubleshoot, identify and replace defective parts and components on all equipment.
- Apply lubricants to machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears and bearings including motors and pumps.
- Clean and remove dirt, grease, waste material and pressure washes all equipment.
- Clean work area, tools and equipment and perform other routine duties associated with day to day operations and equipment upkeep.
- Assist with all technical data for job such as drawings and changes to drawings as required for job.
- Provide support on subsea products and assists in maintenance, repair, installation and commissioning of these products.
- Directly interface with client on job issues and problems and maintain professionalism.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment that is involved with job.
- Maintain credentials and complete required training on-line in Learning Management System.
- Assist shipping and receiving in loading and unloading of all equipment, maintaining general inventories and upkeep of spares kits.
- Attend pre- and post- job meetings with Project Managers and Clients as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years mechanical experience or formal mechanical training
- Supervisory experience considered an asset
- Diesel Mechanic Certificate is preferred
- Oil & Gas Experience considered an asset
- Excellent computer systems skills - MS office
- Knowledge of subsea tree control and water/glycol hydraulic control systems considered an asset
- Industrial offshore experience in subsea installation of trees, manifolds and umbilical's considered an asset
- Military or law enforcement background is an asset
Offshore Certificates (considered an asset if candidate has):
- Basic Survival Training
- WHMIS 2015
- Marine Advanced First Aid
- Confined Space Entry
- Fall Protection
Position Lead Service Technician Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: