Skills: Refinery Specialist
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
We are currently looking for a Turnaround Manager to join a Leading Refinery in Sweden
As Turnaround Manager, you will be responsible for developing and leading all components essential in the preparation, execution, and closeout of safe and effective Turnarounds. You will ensure development of scope, budget, planning of maintenance activities, manning, decommissioning, execution, commissioning and closeout of the units as well as integrate TA capital projects.
This position leads a project team starting with a couple of direct reports at the planning phase to 35-40 direct reports during turnaround activities. The TA activities starts as early as 40 months in advance of turnaround and end with post-execution activities 6 months after TA. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Execute turnaround activities in accordance to Nynas turnaround manual
- Manage event teams up to 700 personnel through the TA event
- Lead the execution team to ensure work is handled and executed in safe accordance with Nynas standards and processes
- Ensure capital projects are adequately integrated into turnaround planning, execution and budgeting processes
- Develop, measure and communicate TA status to site management and TA steering committee by KPI in the areas of safety, environment, health, cost, schedule, scope and quality.
- Communicate TA overall priorities to the execution team and refinery organisation.
- Develop organizational charts, cost calculation and schedule for each phase of project events
- Ensure organization is capable of executing the strategy and project planning and execution by recruiting the right teams of people and provide appropriate coaching and training.
- Participate in assessment for readiness, alignment, integration
- Participate in turnaround activities such as risk assessment, scope challenges, lessons learned, etc.
- Provide input into contracting strategy and vendor. Plan contractor on boarding. Manage contractor performance.
- Ensure safe and efficient field execution of maintenance activities and capital projects
- Develop contact with Industry turnaround experts for sharing of best practices
- At least 8 years TA experience at a leadership level
- Expertise and experience in turnaround and project planning, execution and controls principles
- Demonstrated experience from refinery maintenance and operations
- Focus and commitment to safely planning and execution of turnaround
- Has good project management skills and experience.
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to take critical decisions.
- Capable of handling multitask issues under strict time limitations. Problem solver with a record of proactive accomplishment
- Experience of negotiating larger contracts
- Able to set priorities based on business needs and organizational goals
- Excellent team leading capacity and a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills that enables you to build strong, positive relationships within the refinery and engineering organisations.
- Communicates fluently in English
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.