Skills: Drilling Consultant
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Due to an increase in demand our Client is looking for an experienced Well Engineering Instructor. This is a permanent position based in Aberdeen. This role would suit an experienced Drilling/Wells Engineer who can demonstrate high levels of knowledge, field experience with excellent communication skills as you will be trained appropriately in order to become a certified instructor and assessor.
As Well Engineering Instructor you will have responsibility for the research, development, maintenance and delivery of a wide range of specialist technical training courses for the company and their global network. Your primary duties will include:
- Researching required subject matter (Well Design, Casing Design, Drillstring Design, Drilling Fluids, Cementing Operations, Completion Operations and Well Integrity)
- Preparing reports as well as prepare teaching material (PowerPoint, case studies, worked examples etc.) to a high standard of technical content
- Preparation and delivery of a range of specialist technical courses
- Determining suitable technical solutions to Well Engineering and Integrity challenges and delivering high quality instruction of existing or prepared training to company standards
- Assessing students in a classroom or practical simulator environment to the standards required by the company and/or their accrediting organisations
- Undertaking coaching and competency assessment of operational crews (Drilling & Well Integrity) both in the classroom and rig-site
- Supporting, developing and improving company courses and associated course material
- Monitoring the outcomes from each course delivered and ensuring the necessary changes in teaching methodology and course materials to ensure technical integrity and continuous improvement
- Engaging with the Business Development Team and Customer to ensure that the training courses meet or surpass customer requirements
- Engaging with industry bodies and customers to identify any training needs and opportunities
To be considered for the role you will have to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience as a Drilling/Wells Engineer
- Technical competency with a high level of knowledge in the field of Well Construction
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability engage with students
- Fluent in English and the command of another language would be an advantage
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.