Job Description Make a differenceIf you're a Technical Service Advisor with experience in hydroprocessing / hydrocracking, then this role is a chance to develop your technical expertise whilst working for an industry leader.
What's the role?
The Technical Service Engineer is responsible for providing comprehensive hydroprocessing / hydrocracking technical support to Shell Catalysts &Technologies Refinery Catalysts customers. This is an exciting role that interfaces Shell with external customers and help them improve their margins via catalyst solutions.
Typically this includes:
- Preparation and on-site advice for start-up and catalyst activation.
- Unit monitoring, providing trouble shooting and optimization advice during the catalytic cycle.
- Preparation of technical part of proposals to win business, both for retaining existing as well as winning new customers.
- Marketing of new products/services by demonstrating the technical benefits to customers.
- Activity exploring new business opportunities for Shell C&T /Zeolyst in the Asia Pacific market.
- Working closely with local PTD colleagues
The successful applicant will:
- Develop a close working relationship with customer technical staff, e.g. unit engineers, plant supervisors and technical managers etc.
- Establish themselves as a credible hydroprocessing and Hydrocracking technical expert capable of working with customers independently
- Produce high and consistent quality technical proposals to customers
- Play a critical part of customer success by developing differentiated catalytic solution and subsequent support.
- Provide world class, value adding, technical service to customers
- Actively solicit feedback from customers on the quality of Criterion's products and services. Communicate this feedback to sales and marketing functions for new catalyst product development.
- Actively contribute to the continuous updating and improvement of procedures and tools, e.g. start-up procedures, modelling tools, monitoring tools etc.
- Develop new customer accounts for Shell C &T /Zeolyst.
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.Requirements What we need from you
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or a MS Degree in Chemistry (or equivalent) of Technical University (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of refining in general and hydroprocessing and hydrocracking in particular
- Strong communication skills are essential
- The individual must have strong technical skills and the ability to perform in-depth problem solving
- The individual must be proficient in use of spreadsheets and computer models
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years experience in refining technology support.
- Knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis particularly in the area of hydrotreating is a plus
- Ability/experience to cooperate with Shell PTD, the Shell Group as a whole and outside parties (clients, Engineering Contractors, etc.) is a plus
- Travel 50% of the working time
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.