Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Desktop Technologies)
Primary Purpose of Job
This position requires the post-holder to be part of a team, and perform all tasks assigned to deliver top class service to our customers. Design, implement, support state-of-the-art desktop technologies in order to enhance our customer's computing experience, and achieve user satisfaction in line with ICT department KPIs and CSFs. Post-holder is required to be up-to-date on evolving IT technology and market best practices. Excellent communication skills is required (telephone and face to face). Being able to communicate in Clear English/Arabic is equally important to high technical skills.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering/Electronics or equivalent.
• Minimum of 6 years' experience in Client support field in enterprise environment.
• Excellent knowledge of the desktop technical technologies, standards and development methodologies.
• Experience in customer focused environment
• Solid experience in project management which includes contracts/resources management
• Excellent experience in documentation/reports/proposals.
• ITIL/ITSM Certification
• Recognized IT Certifications (A+, Microsoft Specialist Certification Windows 10 & above) •Excellent experience in cloud computing environment (Office 365, MS Azure, etc.)
• Good experience in IT reporting tools and software
• Ability to communicate effectively over phone, chat, email or in person.
Experience & Skills
• Implement major projects through studies, purchases and implementations, to enhance QP desktop environment.
• Propose and design state-of-the-art desktop technologies through research and evaluation of latest IT market trends, in-order to maintain QP's desktop environment up-to-date with the latest technologies
• Develop/Review ITC section processes/procedures/policies in ECM and ensure correct documentation, to standardize work practices and technologies implemented across QP.
• Investigate 4th level support issues to ensure proper resolution, which includes vendor management, coordination with various Internal ICT teams and the business.
• Liaise closely with ICT Governance team to establish and manage business continuity plans and activities.
• Analyze, optimize and provide resource requirements to handle desktop environment enhancement projects and to finalize projects/tasks in line with ICT KPIs and CSFs.
• Evaluate annual QP business needs of desktop, notebook, and desktop software to provide inputs to budget accordingly.
• Evaluate and provide vendor performance reports as and when required to facilitate PC evaluation and purchasing activity.
• Ensure effective and timely execution of all procurement activities (contracts, purchases and direct orders) in alignment to QP Regulations of Purchases, Works and Auctions (QP RPWA)
• Responsible for the efficient and accurate analysis of user requirements, recommendation of the appropriate solutions, accurate design and implementation of approved solution in addition to efficient post-implementation support.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa