Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The role of the Software Developer is to design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Systems Analyst/Programmer will also oversee system startups in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support to other departments where required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications
- Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications
- Write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications
- Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution
- Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas
- Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals and guidelines
- Develop an awareness of programming and design alternatives
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices
- Gather statistics and prepare and write reports on the status of the programming process for discussion with management and/or team members
- Install software products for end users as required
- Liaise with company's software and hardware suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies
- Liaise with network administrators and others to resolve any defects in products or company systems
- Direct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance of company workstations
- Train, manage and provide guidance to junior software development staff
- Perform all other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and/or 5 years equivalent work experience
- Technically fluent in programming languages, including C, C++, Java, C# and other object oriented paradigms
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms such as UNIX (Solaris and Linux) and Windows
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Database and operating systems experience with SQL a plus
- Adept at conducting research into software-related issues and products
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in the oil & gas, pipeline, petroleum industry
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.