Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Facilities Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The EH Facilities Management Lead directs and leads a team of facilities associates in the delivery of and is responsible for the day-to-day facility operations, services, and maintenance activities across the Eastern Hemisphere. The position ensures assets are operated and maintained in a cost effective non-impacted manner while providing a safe, clean, and comfortable work environment. The EH Facilities Management Lead develops budgets, controls costs, coordinates service provider(s) and staff activities. Leveraging organization skills, problem solving, and creative thinking to resolve escalated issues, drive continuous process improvement and team development in a dynamic environment. The position provides regular performance feedback, development and coaching to direct reports and will also manage third party providers. Extensive interaction with internal and external customers is required to ensure seamless delivery of these services with the highest level of customer service available.
· Lead and ensure compliance with portfolio wide initiatives, local, state and federal laws, and governing regulations that pertain to the operating of facilities.
· Develop and manage facility operating budgets with the goals and objectives addressed for the assigned portfolio.
· Provide monthly/quarterly/annual reporting appropriate, track variances and ensure smooth recovery process within established targets.
· Achieve cost savings through maximizing utilization of suppliers and preferred vendors/contractors and by identifying additional efficiency opportunities, consistent with goals and objectives.
· Develop and oversee annual survey of all assigned facilities based on an established grading program including the mechanical equipment, building shell, interior finishes, energy effectiveness, etc. and develop recommendations for improvements.
· Lead the development of the portfolio's facility annual capital plan including infrastructure upgrades and building modifications to ensure the portfolio's future capabilities are maintained.
· Lead development of annual sourcing plan, leveraging local services and goods needed to perform day to day operations through 3rd party suppliers. This includes scope of work definition, negotiations, writing contracts, obtaining necessary vendor set up forms, and reviewing certificates of insurance for compliance.
· Collaborate with Sourcing team on national and regional sourcing opportunities to define scope, coordinate supplier walk-through, and manage national and regional supplier performance at the property level.
· Coordinate discussions with each vendor or supplier regarding goal setting, performance criteria, and performance review
· Ensure customer satisfaction with Facility/Property Management by providing a seamless interface into real estate organization; demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in delivering services
· Accountable for the accuracy and timely updates to all systems data utilized for the process, procedures and metrics.
· Proactively manage all facility services and communication in accordance with standard processes, procedures, and KPIs to ensure superior customer satisfaction and performance levels.
· Represent real estate organization at the regional level, developing and fostering regional client relationships as appropriate.
· Assist in the development and implementation of the annual management plan; and achieve key objectives and performance indicators as identified by the Corporate Real Estate Lead.
· Develop and implement innovative programs, processes and projects that aim to reduce short and long term operating costs and increase productivity or longevity
· Coordinates with building operations for utility, facility, or other shut-down activity that can affect operations.
· Effectively manage critical Incidents - zero target for controllable incidents caused by vendors, employees, and missed preventive maintenance work.
· Develop and maintain a high-performance team utilizing HR top grading and other tools for hiring, talent and succession planning, and development planning.
· Manage the staffing, development, performance and outcomes of the assigned team reporting to the position.
· Ensures performance reviews and other HR procedures and duties for line staff are conducted according to policy, i.e. submission of compensation (base salary, bonus, merit increases, promotions) for review and approval.
· Participate in RFP process as required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
· Bachelors degree from an accredited university
· Significant industry experience required either in the corporate environment, third party service provider or as a consultant with demonstrated ability to exercise proper judgment
· Property Management certification(s) designation preferred (CPM, RPA, ...)
· MBA is desirable
· Ability and willingness to travel, as required, up to 50% - 75%
Desired Characteristics - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA):
· Long term and in depth FM experience
· Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
· Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
· Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
· Knowledge of standard business and accounting practices
· Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Excel and possess the ability to analyze data
· Strong organizational, management, and supervisory skills
· Experience in matrix management organization desirable
· Knowledge of real estate, telecommunications, furniture, accounting and building systems helpful
· Demonstrated ability to develop successful relationships with and influence customers, both internal and external.
Flexible in key European locations
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more