Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Responsible for operational accounting for natural gas processing plants and natural gas & crude oil gathering systems/pipelines.
- Lead accounting staff consisting of 5 direct reports with 30+ accounting professionals in Houston and Tulsa offices.
- Manage the month-end and quarter-end analysis and reporting for areas of responsibility; actively participate in the analysis of plan to actuals.
- Ensure SOX controls are designed and operating effectively
- Coordinate and ensure accuracy of the schedules, support and explanations requested by external auditors, internal auditors, and producer auditors.
- Lead the development of the MD&A segment results in the Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Review and approve manual payments and payment adjustments.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new software for crude oil & condensate business areas.
- Work with team to analyze department performance, identify opportunities for improvements and effectively implement process-driven change/improvement. Develop a process improvement culture.
- Provide leadership and direction in ensuring the integrity of financial information and effectively work with commercial and other functional groups
- Lead the development and coaching initiatives for department employees to ensure the accomplishment of organization, team and individual objectives.
- Delegate work effectively to maximize productivity and employee development.
- Complete mid-year and year-end reviews that provide detailed, meaningful, and accurate feedback and fair performance evaluations.
- Actively lead and participate in special projects as requested.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting
- 10+ years of experience in an energy related field, preferably midstream accounting
- 8+ years of managerial experience
- Demonstrated personnel management, motivation and development experience, including hiring and performance management of team members
- Proven track record of employee development while in a leadership role
- Ability to develop relationships with key contacts in other departments
- Ability to think strategically and interact with peers and other departments
- Strong planning and organization skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines effectively
- Awareness of industry best practices and a history of implementing such changes
- Knowledge of GAAP and an understanding of internal controls
- General ledger analysis background with ability to review, analyze and provide guidance to resolve G/L outstanding balances
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and writing skills
- Ability to quickly learn and work in software applications with minimal training and guidance
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to details and accuracy; willingness to be hands-on
- Ability to travel up to 15% each month (Tulsa)
- Regular and reliable attendance with ability and willingness to work overtime, especially during close and billing cycles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Masterâ€™s Degree in Accounting or MBA
- 3+ years of public accounting or corporate accounting experience
- Experience analyzing and evaluating accounting impacts of gas processing/purchase contracts
- Experience in gas processing and crude oil gathering accounting
- 5+ years of experience using Waterfield or TIPS settlement systems
- Familiar with Oracle Financials Cloud and RightAngle
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.