Skills: HR - Recruitment
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Talent Acquisition Experienced Hire Lead role focuses on leading a team of TA Specialists to deliver the hiring demand for a number of Experienced Hire Disciplines. This includes all external and internal hiring.
The TA Lead will work with their peers in the TA organization to ensure that the segment requirements are captured, understood and translated into actionable strategies. They will play a fundamental role in ensuring that the business priorities including critical capabilities and D&I are driven throughout all delivery.
- Lead, engage and develop a team of experienced talent acquisition professionals to effectively and efficiently deliver demand for a specified area of the business
- Maintain and improve the TA strategy for a specified area of the business, which identifies and attracts diverse, highly qualified candidates in support of business and D&I ambitions
- Maintain and improve the standard talent acquisition process ensuring efficiency and compliance, quality hiring decisions and candidate experience, in-line with BP's Candidate Charter and Global Process team
- Input into the employer brand, sourcing and talent pipelining initiatives ensuring effective use of sourcing channels, and a focus on direct sourcing
- Manage critical senior level executive hires as required
- Provide the primary interface between the Country HR and Business LT and the TA CoE
- Partner with Global Process Owners and Source/Attract team to identify proactive steps that can be taken to improve processes and address potential skills shortages
- Act as a key change management agent for any changes in TA, providing guidance on the segment perspective and driving change including identifying champions for the segment and working with the segment leadership to embed change
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Deep expertise and proven ability to manage full life cycle recruitment
- Knowledge of TA processes, requirements and channels
- Track record of effective strategic partnering experience, supporting businesses/functions of some scale, size and complexity
- Analytical thinking - comfortable using predictive analytics to identify outcomes and improve decision making
- Digital Fluency - comfortable and competent using technology to enable and enhance ways of working and thinking, and also comfortable in the wider digital environment and the interface with business transformation including people, processes and data driven actions
- Role model of the HR Capability Framework with an equal balance of EQ, IQ and Drive
- Demonstrates an understanding of the value of, and ability to develop, high quality, trust-based relationships with Talent Acquisition colleagues & with the wider organization
- Is self-aware and recognizes and can manage impact on others
- Is actively aware of the morale of their team and works to positively influence this
- Is politically astute and able to work successfully across organizational boundaries
- Ability to operate successfully across cultural boundaries with sensitivity
- Demonstrates ability to apply business acumen and clearly link value to business results
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement