Unalaska, Alaska, United States
Unalaska, Alaska, United States
Skills: Electrical Engineering, A B Seaman, Electrician
Other Skills: Marine Electrician, Marine Electronics, Electrical Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Crewshare based pay and/or daily guarantee
Location: Unalaska, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Fishermen's Finest seeks Marine Electrician/ Electronics Tech for work aboard proven vessels at sea off Alaska --
www.FishFinest.com Job Details:
Marine Electrician /Electronics Tech
The Marine Electrician installs and repairs wiring, fixtures, and equipment for all electrical services aboard ship, following blueprints and wiring diagrams:
- Installs conduit to bulkheads with brackets and screws, using hand tools, and threads wires through conduit to terminals, for example connection boxes, circuit breakers, voltage regulators, and switch panels.
- Strips insulation from wire ends and solders ends to terminals, using stripping pliers and soldering iron. Connects power-supply circuits to radio, radar, sonar, fire control, and other electronic equipment.
- Tests electrical characteristics, for example, voltage, resistance, and phase angle, in circuits, using voltmeters, ohmmeters, and phase rotation indicators.
- May also construct instrument panels, using hand tools, rulers, dividers, and power drills, following specifications.
- Troubleshoots electrical equipment and circuits using appropriate test equipment to detect and effect required maintenance, repairs, or replacement requirements.
- Performs maintenance and repair of generators, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, electrical motors, distribution panels, alarm and lighting circuits.
- Conducts insulation resistance measurements of electrical cables to determine condition and effects repairs or replacements as required.
- Supervises and participates in the installation and/or alteration to electrical systems aboard ships.
- Maintains adequate inventories of electrical spare parts and requisitions replacements as required.
- Maintains electrical system maintenance histories notating date, and extent of repairs and/or alterations.
- Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics.
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with vendors and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyzes and interprets test data. Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
Preferred Education and Training
- Formal Apprenticeship
- 5 to 10 years working experience
- Trade School/Universty
- Pass criminal background check
- Pass on site drug screen
- Have previous electrician experience
- Be authorized to work in the US
Job pay: Very competitive pay based on Crew Share and/or daily guarantee. Access to medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401(k) with annual matching (to be discussed further at interview).
Note: Dutch Harbor, Alaska is our primary fishing port in Alaska - other ports may include Seattle, Kodiak, etc.
Job Type: Contract