Essential Education and Qualifications:
- Accountable for developing a high performing team capable of identifying opportunities and constraints to increase refinery gross margin delivery. This accountability includes recruiting, succession planning, coaching, work prioritization, and performance management of four direct reports - 3 LP Planners/Commercial Analysts, and an Engineering Assistant.
- This role will be serve as the Whiting RAID (Retro Analysis Improves Decision Making) SPA and be accountable for delivery of the RAID agenda.
- Expected to enhance capability for LP users at Whiting to improve their analysis, interpretation and conclusions from the LP to drive optimal business decisions.
- Accountable for working with the LP Developer, the broader Production Planning/Supply team interface, Process Engineering, and Optimization Engineering to identify and prioritize LP improvement activities.
- Accountable for partnering with Process Engineering, Optimization Engineering, and Operations teams to lead efforts to capture commercial opportunities to drive incremental gross margin for direct effect on the refinery's bottom line.
- Accountable for leading LP analysis activities for Whiting and across the Production Planning/Supply team interface. This accountability includes prioritizing activities and aligning resource plans with those priorities.
- In addition to team lead responsibilities, the Lead LP Planner will be expected to undertake more advanced LP analysis in support of project evaluation and developing economic analysis to inform operational strategies.
- As team lead for the Engineering Assistant, the lead LP Planner will be accountable for government reporting related to fuels quality.
Essential Experience and Attributes:
- B.S. Engineering degree; B.S. in Chemical Engineering preferred
- 7+ year of refinery process engineering experience or 7+ year of refinery operations experience or 7+ years of supply and optimization experience
- Extensive experience (2-3+ years) in running and analyzing a refinery LP output to drive business decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team with strong impact and influencing skills with a track record of success\
Desirable Criteria and Qualifications:
- Experience in teaching and building team capability for refinery LP run development, output analysis and interpretation would be a strong attribute
- ?Experience in implementing best practice for RAID or retro analysis