• Act as safety representative responsible for safety policies and procedures of both the company and the customer, including hands-on information regarding operations, safety, equipment, emergency response and administrative functions.
• Hands-on operation, when required, of manual and automated hydroblasting equipment.
• Operation of special equipment, such as Ultra High Pressure pumps.
• Operate equipment by energizing the pumping equipment and/or any specialized hydroblasting and/or chemical cleaning equipment, vacuum trucks and cutting equipment being used on the job.
• May be required to examine surface cleaned to ensure conformance to company and customer specifications.
• Perform routine maintenance on company equipment being used on the job.
• Perform any and all duties associated with liquid vacs, air machines and jet rodders.
• Direct a crew of vacuum technicians.
• Transport equipment and personnel to and from customer locations.
• Completes pre and post trip inspections, driver's logs and complies with all other vehicle policy and DOT requirements.
• Loading and unloading hoses.
• Unload vacuum truck at the dump site.
• Provide general maintenance in the field.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Industrial setting - Refinery, Petro-Chemical, Utilities, Pulp and Paper Mills, etc.
• High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience
• Class A or B CDL License
Skills and experience:
• Specific vocational preparation including classroom safety training, on-the-job training and essential experience gained on other jobs.
• Language proficiency: understand English at a level to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in emergency situations.
• Valid driver's license, CDL Class A or B and other requirements of company's driving policy required when driving company vehicle or using personal vehicle on company business.
• Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
• Must have a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
• Must be knowledgeable in the operation of emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers.
• Experience operating a vacuum truck. Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
• Working knowledge of operating equipment used in wet and dry vacuums.