Job Duties / Responsibilities
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Responsible for the accounting, tracking and internal reporting of the company's capital projects and property, plant and equipment.
- Lead project and property accounting teams consisting of 2 managers and 6 senior/staff accountants in the Houston and Tulsa offices.
- Manage the month-end and quarter-end analysis and internal reporting of capital projects and actively participate in the analysis of budget to actuals.
- Work with team to evaluate/analyze project and property accounting processes, identify opportunities for improvements and effectively implement process improvements. Develop a process improvement culture.
- Provide leadership and direction in ensuring the integrity of reports generated by project and property accounting teams and effectively work with operations and other functional groups to support the Company's capital projects and comply with the Company's capitalization policy and audit requirements (external/ internal).
- Ensure SOX controls are properly designed to mitigate the relevant accounting and reporting risks and are operating effectively.
- Lead the development and coaching initiatives for project and property accounting teams to ensure the accomplishment of organization, team and individual objectives.
- Delegate work effectively to maximize productivity and employee development.
- Complete mid-year and year-end reviews that provide detailed, meaningful, and accurate feedback and fair performance evaluations.
- Actively lead and participate in special projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- 8+ years of public accounting and/or corporate accounting experience.
- 6+ years of managerial experience.
- Demonstrated personnel management, motivation and development experience, including hiring and performance management of team members.
- Ability to develop relationships with key contacts in other departments.
- Strong planning and organization skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and an understanding of internal controls.
- General ledger analysis background with ability to review, analyze and provide guidance to resolve G/L reconciliation issues.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and writing skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and work in software applications with minimal training and guidance.
- Proficient in Excel to at least an intermediate level.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibits attention to detail, ownership, and willingness to be hands-on.
- Ability to travel up to 25% (Tulsa) initially and then 10%.
- Regular and reliable attendance with ability and willingness to work overtime, especially during close and billing cycles.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent.
- Experience with and extensive knowledge regarding capital projects, cost capitalization and project/property accounting.
- Experience with Oracle Financials Cloud (OFC) and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Energy sector experience.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.