Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Define in collaboration with the Procurement Manager the Bidder List to process the given purchasing request;
- Issue to vendors the Request for Quotation based on given purchasing request;
- Support the vendors during the preparation of the technical/commercial proposals with obligation of confidentiality about the related bid info;
- Check and comment the technical documentation received with the Purchase Requisition and Technical Evaluation;
- Prepare the commercial/economic bid tabulation to compare different proposals and suggest actions to be taken in order to improve bid result and/or select the vendor;
- Lead the commercial/economic negotiation;
- Prepare the purchase order/subcontract based on standard General Purchase Terms and Conditions and Project Special Purchase Conditions, if any, and managing possible deviations;
- Close out the bid process receiving purchase/subcontract confirmation by selected vendor and informing the unsuccessful vendors about negative result of their bid;
- Follow up and negotiate, if necessary, purchase order/subcontract revisions;
- Perform the assigned activities in compliance with procedures and provided systems and tools;
- Identify new suppliers in cooperation with relevant technical dept.
- Activation of Vendor qualification process and collection of requested documentation.
- Primarily in Houston, Texas
- Availability to travel at work-sites and joint ventures
- High school diploma required; Master's degree a plus
- Spanish and Italian proficiency
- 2-3 years in Buyer role
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.