Louisiana, United States
Louisiana, United States
Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Reliability Engineer, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Other Skills: Technical Manager, Process Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Technical Manager is a direct-hire position with a specialty chemical client located in St. James, LA.
The Technical Manager is responsible for directing the Laboratory Services, Process Engineering, and Special Projects activities and developing programs to ensure continuing competitive production of quality methanol to meet current and projected product demands. Additionally, the Technical Manager performs applied research and engineering, including seeking improved processes and residuals disposal.
Technical Manager Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains, through professional contacts, association activities, literature review, etc., knowledge of methanol production processes and research activities world-wide.
• Directs and coordinates the activities of the Laboratory, Process Engineering and Special Project activities; assure that each operates accordingly to established procedures. Maintain updated procedures in compliance to the quality system requirements.
• Serves as technical consultant to the Plant Manager.
• Coordinates technical activities with operations, maintenance, and engineering managers to ensure that all required services are provided in a timely and efficient manner.
• Technical Manager determines areas of opportunities; studies and makes recommendations for changes to obtain objectives of improved knowledge and efficiencies.
• Promotes application of statistical techniques and decision making on the base of area and planned experimentation.
• Establishes, coordinates, and leads control activities covering the entire facility. Identifies areas of weakness, prorates investigations, prorates problem solving, defines corrective actions, and prorates prevention vs. reaction.
• Technical Manager assures the maintenance of a discrimination- and harassment-free work environment and that equal employment opportunities are afforded in personnel activities in areas of responsibility.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Technical Manager acts in a manner in accordance with company outlined safety policies, procedures and practices
• In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
o Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
o Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
o Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
o Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Technical Manager Requirements:
-Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Process Engineering required.
-10+ years of experience in methanol or ammonia industry required; prior experience as Technical Manager desired.
-Prior start-up and commissioning experience in the chemical industry required.
-Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
-Knowledge of the 14 elements of PSM required.
-Knowledge of SIMOPS is a plus.
-Proficiency in MS Office required.
-Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
-Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills; capable of maintaining frequent contact with all levels of management, customers, vendors, and/or internal staff to obtain and furnish information and resolve issues.
-Skilled in critical thinking; using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
-Skilled in complex problem solving; identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
-Skilled in time-management-managing one's own time.
-Ability to multi-task and balance different needs in a fast-paced environment.
-Ability to manage high levels of stress; remain calm when faced with difficult situations.
-Ability to inform management on time, clearly, and in an understandable way; handles information confidentially.
-High attention to detail.