NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within Canada. Our client, a large JV is looking for a Civil Engineer for a 6 month contact in Calgary. The role is Monday-Friday and the individual must have their own accomodations. Accoutabilities:
Skills & Requirements:
- Promote HSE performance and Design for Safe Construction within the Project Organization and serve as a role model for safety in design and construction
- Review contractor design deliverables for allocated scope areas and ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Canadian and International codes and project design standards.
- Participation in technical meetings with EPC contractor and subcontractors.
- Address Technical Queries, Deviation Requests & site queries
- Support field engineering (ITP, QAQC) to ensure design is implemented according to contract specifications.
- Ensure implementation and gathering of lessons learned on civil design issues.
- University Degree (BSc or MSc) in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering registration with APEGBC / APEGA.
- 5-10 years of relevant design experience.
- Experience working in large oil & gas projects.
- Efficient interpersonal and communication skills.
- No Direct Reports
- Report to the Project Lead Civil Engineer
Calgary, AB (EPC Office)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.