Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client is currently looking for a Sr. Pipeline Project Engineer for a contract role in Chetwynd BC. This role is working on a 6/1 rotation.
The Sr. Pipeline Engineer will be working in conjunction with the Engineering Manager, and will provide day to day direction to the Coastal Gas Link Engineering Team including the coordination, interpretation, and implementation of design, and delivery of expertise to the project.
- Provide operational, strategic, and contractual advice and service to bid preparation and project management when associated with design management and engineering.
- Manage delivery of guidance and service support to project meetings to contribute a clear view for delivering design management and engineering.
- Inform management of engineering team activity and progress achieved.
- Manage all day to day engineering activities currently being undertaken. Including assessment of permanent and temporary works design requirements and the appointment of suitable resources to satisfactorily complete the work.
- Ensure that all changes in client / company standards are captured reviewed and briefed out to all staff who have safety critical involvement.
- Effectively allocate project resources to ensure optimum delivery and maximum return while managing risk.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the HSE department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Civil preferred).
- Eng registration with APEGA, EGBC
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in pipeline engineering, design and construction.
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of the oil and gas pipeline construction industry.
- Understanding of relevant construction codes and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Knowledge of project and contract management process gained through successful experience.
- Capable of completing work to deadline.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.