- The main function of the AUT Operator (Technician Advanced 1) is to be responsible for the completion of inspections, including initial interpretation, reporting, and billing. This position require thoroughly familiar with the scope and methods of NDT and ANDT being used and should perform assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance to the Assistant Technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates tools and equipment to accomplish job assignments and client requirements
- Inspect and interpret readings as required in real time, to determine areas of interest.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications..
- Set-up and calibrate all equipment used, interpret, evaluate, and document results through formal reports.
- Safely Operates company vehicles and strictly adhere to company safety regulations
- Direct, mentor, and train personnel in the method(s) in which certified and capable of.
- Provide direction and guidance with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the company and client.
- Responsible for all paperwork to be turn in a timely manner including safety forms, company required forms, customer forms, and timesheets
- Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Education and Work Experience:
- AUT and SCR experience preferred.
- Major oil company experience preferred.
- Spoolbase expsoure preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical Background in NDT methods and techniques preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of NDT experience with full documentation of prior training, experience and certification is required.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- ASNT Level II certification in: UT Shearwave
- PCN certification preferred
- Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.