Skills: Business Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Hague, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell's purpose is to power progress together with more and cleaner energy solutions. The Global Organisation Development Team is at the heart of enabling Shell to thrive in the Energy Transition by building a world class clean energy supplier. The world is changing at increasing pace and as such the ability of individuals and organisations to adapt, innovate, fail, learn and improve is a real competitive advantage.
Where you fit in
We are looking to recruit several Advisors Organisation Development (OD) to join our various businesses spanning from Downstream over Integrated Gas & New Energies, Projects & Technology to Global Functions. This is an excellent career opportunity for highly talented individuals to both deliver high quality change outcomes through personal intervention and to lead project teams to deliver scaled change programmes in a global business environment.
What's the role
- The Advisor OD role is a senior expert position within their respective business (Downstream, Integrated Gas & New Energies, Global Functions) with a strong functional linkage to the OD Centre of Expertise.
- The primary focus of the role is partnering with HR Leaders and the Functional Leadership teams in their respective businesses to frame, diagnose and address complex organisational challenges using deep OD and Change skills and experience, and to expertly apply Shell's OD methods and tools.
- Collectively with HR colleagues and Functional Leads, Advisors OD work with senior business leaders and their teams to help them deliver upon their business objectives and to create the critical organizational capability needed to drive business performance today and, in the future.
- The specific accountabilities of OD Advisors include:
- Working with HR and Organisation Development & Learning (OD&L) colleagues as well as with Business and Function clients to think through complex change challenges, diagnose and design change strategy / approaches / solutions.
- Deliver top quality organization design, development and change management advice and interventions to support senior Business and Function clients to deliver upon their business objectives and change challenges.
- Build top-quartile OD capability within HR Business Partner to meet the needs of the wider business.
- Share the knowledge and experience gained from OD interventions.
- Work closely with the HR organization to align OD delivery with HR elements and leverage HR Resources to participate in delivery of OD and Change activities.
- Key contributor in high impact/high value business change interventions as needed.
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We're looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
What we need from you
- Significant experience in leading large scale, complex OD/change management interventions or business process improvement / Continuous Improvement projects.
- Talent for working in international and global project teams combined with the ability and confidence to work in high-ambiguity environments in which you are willing to challenge senior leaders.
- Ability to diagnose business/organisation change issues and to identify appropriate type of intervention.
- Strong performance 'consulting' skills with experience in managing client relationships in high-pressure environment.
- Flexibility in approach and able to coach and mentor others.
- Strong Stakeholder Management and communications skills.
- Both HR and business backgrounds will be considered.
- Relevant degree, postgraduate and working qualifications preferred in the relevant business or applied behavioural sciences (e.g. Psychology, Business Administration, Organization Development, HRM, MBB, etc).
- Understanding of Digitalisation and how this affects business models, new ways of working (agile) would be valuable.
What we offer
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video