Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Principal Engineer - London (SE1) - Large Scale Tunnels, Shafts and underground structures.
Start Date:Immediate - Ideally before Jan/ Feb of 2020
Working week: 40 Hours / Week (Monday to Friday)
Travel Requirement:Throughout the UK and Internationally where necessary - no more than 10% travel
Salary and Package:Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Pension + Fringe Benefits
A multidisciplinary internat
ional design and engineering consultancy firm.
This companies provide engineering and technical solutions to clients on major engineering construction projects worldwide.
They are involved in schemes throughout the lifecycle of their projects - from inception through to handover - their scope of work includes design development, planning, detailed design, FEED, value engineering; technical advisory; and construction supervision services.
The company's origins date back to the early 1800's, making them one of the oldest civil engineering consultancy companies in the UK.
This business has been involved with some of the highest profile civil / structural engineering projects in the UK relating to bridges, tunnels, power plants and railway projects
• Lead and undertake assignments in the UK and overseas
• Assist and support the development and maintenance of a high level of technical capability to deliver the service offerings targeted
• Undertake structural design and analysis using high-end analysis and design software across a broad range of structural types and using various international standards
• Assist in the management of the design process that may include other related design disciplines
• Assist with coordinating design as part of an internal team and liaising with external associated professionals and our clients
• Adopt procedures for standardisation of work products and deliverables, and peer review to ensure consistency and excellence in service delivery of the Company's technical work product
• Assist in sourcing and developing business opportunities, securing business and developing client relationships
• Assist Graduates through the processes and requirements for completion of their Chartership
• Embrace organisational change and influence others to modify behaviour and attitudes
• Degree Qualified in a relevant discipline i.e. Civil or Structural
• Chartered Engineer (ICE / IStructE)
• Ideally familiar with finite element analysis techniques on software packages such as LUSAS, MIDAS, SAM AND/OR Plaxis
• Experienced in the concept and detailed design of underground structures i.e. tunnels/stations/shafts and caverns etc
• Experience gained on large scale civil / infrastructure projects
• Good understanding of tunnelling methods.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!