Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
If you're highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, then this role is for you. It will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of dynamic diverse team.
Working in our oil refineries, our petrochemical plants, onshore and offshore production fields, and other operations, a career in Operations and Maintenance at Shell is one right at the front line of the company's activities.
Where you fit in
Operations and Maintenance jobs at Shell are essential to the ongoing successes of the company. In one of our Operations roles you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets.
Who we're looking for
Shell Canada is looking to hire an Instrumentation & Control Craftsperson for our Sarnia Manufacturing Centre, with the primary focus on complex analyzers. This position reports to the Maintenance Team Leader in the Maintenance Department who is accountable to provide Instrumentation, Electrical and Analyzer Maintenance at our Sarnia facility. This position will work a 9/80 work schedule with selected overtime.
The Instrumentation & Control Craftsperson will be required to safely troubleshoot and repair a range of instruments/analyzers while conducting preventative/reactive maintenance on all instrumentation/analyzers at our facility.
The Instrumentation & Control Craftsperson will display:
- Work Safe first attitude.
- High level of ownership and quality workmanship a necessity.
- Situational Awareness and a willingness to try new approaches.
- Can-Do Attitude of maintaining the plant to operate more safely and profitably
- Needs to be able to work in a team environment
- Being respectful of others and possessing interpersonal skills to interact with others a must.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Exercises a significant amount of independent action.
In Canada, we do everything from exploring for oil and gas, to refining and manufacturing, to discovering new ways to reduce emissions, to delivering fuels to our customers from coast to coast.
We have many successful businesses and projects across Canada, including:
- a strong and rapidly growing Upstream business built around the Montney and the Duvernay shale plays, on a foundation of Foothills sour gas;
- a successful Downstream business anchored in our Sarnia refinery (Ontario) and our Scotford refinery and upgrader (Alberta) as well as our two world-class petrochemicals plants near Edmonton;
- a network of 1,300 retail sites across Canada - a vital point of connection for our customers to us - which makes us one of the pre-eminent fuel retailers in the country;
- strong Aviation, Sulphur and Lubricants businesses;
- an innovative Supply and Trading business;
- a prospective LNG export project in Kitimat, B.C.
Canada is especially well-suited to offer lower carbon energy solutions thanks to our highly experienced workforce, our abundance of natural resources and supportive government policies. In Canada, Shell is actively exploring opportunities to invest in new fuels for transport, renewable power and customer solutions enabled by digital technology to lead the global movement towards cleaner energy.
Who we're looking for
- Preference will be given to applicants who have at least 5 - 10 yrs maintenance experience in the chemical industry. Specifically, with physical property analyzers and gas chromatographs.
- Applicant must be a qualified instrument journeyperson (447A) or possess an Instrumentation & Control Engineering Technologist Diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of complex analyzers.
- Demonstrate a high technical competence in DCS (Foxboro/HoneyWell), PLC controls.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic/electronic flow/pressure/temperature transmitters.
- Instrumentation and Analyzer commissioning and check out for projects.
- Construction and Maintenance Electrician 309A would be an asset.
- Willingness for trade flexibility / cross crafting is an expectation.
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Work at heights and confined spaces.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada for anyone other than current employer.
- Some overtime and after-hours coverage required.
- Willing to work nights, weekends, holidays and be on-call to respond to emergencies when required.
- Willing to work a rotating shift schedule.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Must reside within the area or be willing to relocate.
- Using safe lifting techniques, able to lift and carry 20 kg from ground to waist level.
- Ability to work safely wearing a respirator or Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA).
- Willing to comply with Shell's drug-free and harassment-free work environment and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Willing to work in a diverse and team-oriented environment.
- Shell strives to eliminate or minimize health and safety risks associated with its business activities and is committed to providing a safe workplace for all workers.
- A condition of employment for this position is successful completion of a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, background check, driving record check and Pre-Site Access testing for alcohol and specified drugs.
The Sarnia Manufacturing Centre, Corunna Refinery is located on the St. Clair Parkway, about 10 kilometers south of Sarnia between the communities of Froomfield and Corunna. The refinery processes approx. 75,000 bbl of raw crude into a range of petroleum products such as diesel, jet fuel and various petrochemicals. Shell Sarnia Refinery has approximately 350 employees in unionized environment.
Our career management process means that you will be able to perform a range of unique and challenging duties and roles during your career. You will work for a company that upholds safety, ethics and continues to seek out ways to further improve its work processes.
Shell offers an exceptional benefits program that includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs our also offered as part of the benefits package.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video