Skills: Project Controls
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hazira, Gujarat, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
JOB PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTIBILITIES:
To manage the Integration of various contractor to deliver the project. And to deliver, maintain and manage standard and consistent full suite of Project Services, i.e. Cost Estimating, Cost Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, Risk Management. Depending on the development phase of the project, accountabilities can be summarised as management and enablement of the following activities:
• Establish and implement the project Integration process and system.
• Manage project integration aspects of various Implementation contractors to deliver the project.
• Establish and implement the project controls process and system.
• Provide the Project with the list of plans required to execute the project and their hierarchy relationship.
• Develop the cost management procedures
• Develop the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
• Provide project management support in the development of cost breakdown structures, estimates, records and forecasts for the timely submission into the investment documentation, the annual corporate planning cycle, or partner cash calling submissions.
• Provide project management support in the development of the work breakdown structure, activities, logic, resources and progress of the integrated project schedule, i.e. baseline
• Develop Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates for the project in line with the company guidance
• Provide the Project Manager with accurate monthly cost reports
• Provide the Project Manager with monthly progress updates, forecast completions, together with the critical path and trend analyses.
• Develop contract pricing and administration instructions for alignment with the cost breakdown structure, bid evaluations and company counter estimates to support contract award recommendations.
• Develop the contract key dates, milestones and Company plan dates for alignment with the overall integrated plan, in evaluating bid schedules and in reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
• Apply probabilistic techniques to determine and communicate the possible range of cost and schedule outcomes for the project,
• Analyse of trends that offer early warning of any deviations
• Contribute to close-out reports as input to Lessons Learned and benchmarking efforts for other Shell projects.
• Review scope change requests for the total installed cost & schedule impact
• Prepare reconciliations between earlier cost estimates and the current cost forecast.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
The essentials requirements for this position are:
• Graduate Engineer with 10 years of experience in oil & gas industry in Engineering and Construction Management of projects.
• Sound knowledge of project concept, front end development. Should have the ability to understand multidiscipline engineering aspects of all disciplines and to decide on best engineering solution from multiple options.
• Highly desirable for the incumbent to have the ability to understand and appropriately infer various codes & standards.
• Have had full responsibility for establishing, managing, and delivering the Project Services activities in these roles for at least one sizable project >$10 million
• Act as a mentor / coach for staff at lower Levels
• Skill level expertise of Project Engineering, Cost Estimating, Planning, Cost Engineering
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.