Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chinchilla, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Make a difference
If you're an Environment Advisor with environment risk management experience in the oil and gas industry, then this role is a chance to develop your technical skills whilst working for an industry leader.
What's the role?
A key role in our QGC team, the Field Environment Advisor is required to provide on-site Environment advice/support for field operations. The position will do this through a systematic approach in line with ISO14001 to manage of hazards and effects that can impact on the environment
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Actively leading the implementation and continuous improvement of the ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System among critical stakeholders (asset and budget holders).
- Supporting the development and implementation of the asset audit and assurance process for environmental compliance.
- Providing field presence to ensure regulatory compliance and environmental outcomes are achieved by implementing and driving the environmental management system through systematic, prioritised assurance.
- Providing support on environmental aspects for the work activities on site covering construction, well development and work overs.
- Reviewing contractor site environmental management plans, attending kick-off and pre-construction meetings and toolboxes to promote awareness of environmental conditions in line with Access To Work requirements.
- Undertaking toolbox talks and staff awareness training in QGC's environmental compliance requirements.
- Ensuring appropriate documentation and records management processes are maintained for effective tracking of environmental performance.
- Supporting compliance with local and state standards and requirements, particularly those associated with the environmental regulatory bodies.
- Providing environmental advice including aspects such as noise, chemical management, CSG water, flora and fauna, soil management, drainage, erosion and sediment control, water quality, waste management, nuisance complaints and reinstatement.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
What we need from you
- A degree(s) or equivalent in a relevant science or environmental science discipline, or environmental management, or environmental engineering.
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental legislation and policies.
- Experience in the onshore CSG industry is desirable.
- Be an effective communicator and be able to intervene, facilitate and influence a wide range of field based staff, from managers, supervisors, technicians and contractors.
- Be able to create a means to work with styles of leaders and supervisors to champion environmental initiatives to achieve Goal Zero and 'comply and we know it'.
- Be able to challenge the status quo with confidence in environment or ALARP demonstrations and provide direction and guidance for better solutions or controls.
- Be able to take the initiative to reach out to the wider environmental peer groups for alignment of environmental processes and willingness to take direction from more experienced peers.
- Have the ingenuity to troubleshoot local issues and reach for support locally with the technical environmental team and operational staff.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video