Baker Hughes, is seeking a Lead Buyer/Procurement Specialist for Drilling & Completions Fluids division based in Houston, Dubai, Columbia and Kuala Lumpur. The Lead Buyer/Procurement Specialist for Drilling & Completions Fluids division will support the Western hemisphere drilling and completion fluids function, ensuring products are procured and delivered in timely manner.Essential Responsibilities:
- Works within region to manage "Direct Spend" Procurement for the Drilling and Completions Fluids Product Line
- Assists with Must Win and Ad Hoc tenders in finding the optimal supplier from a variety of different Sources
- Overseas purchase order execution, compliance and product delivery, including coordinating logistics requirements to ensure on time delivery,
- Supporting delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction for designated suppliers
- Expedite the filling of orders by approved international suppliers to meet customer demands
- Coordinates with other functional and region team members in resolving issues which may arise during purchase order life cycle management
- Responsible for ensuring purchase orders and supplier invoices correlate and are compliant with Company requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring supplier invoices are approved in a timely manner and paid according to agreed vendor terms.
- Handle vendor queries relating to the terms of purchase orders
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with all company policies, procedures and rules and ensures compliance with all requirements
- Leads by example, positive influence and mentor with the rest of the team
- Bachelor degree
- 4+ years of experience working within a busy procurement environment preferably within a chemical/drilling fluids or oil and gas service industry
- Managing and expediting orders placed with designated third party suppliers
- Experience of handling local and international logistics movements'
- Knowledge of current International Chamber of Commerce Incoterms as well as general purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of inventory management processes and MRP systems as well as supplier management and experience of dealing with dangerous goods requirements would be beneficial
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data
- Demonstrate good diplomacy, negotiation and Communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office and SAP packages
- Data Analytics skills a + including experience with Tableau, Qlikview or equivalent
- Adept user of SAP in relation to procurement activities would be beneficial
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more