Job Description/Major Duties
(general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
The wellsite geologist is part of an integrated team of geoscientists, engineers, and technicians striving to maximize economic recovery from various offshore reservoirs. Using state of the art tools, geologists construct and maintain static models to characterize onshore reservoirs using all available well, seismic and relevant production data.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Geologists are crucial to the new well and development planning process; wellsite geologist must understand subsurface data used to generate geologic interpretations; hence basis for all drilling plans.
- Work with drilling reservoir engineers and geologists in designing horizontal well trajectories that meet project objectives within various constraints.
- Provide day to day supervision of exploration drilling operations, including the interactive drilling process.
- Insure that drilling well plans are executed in the field.
- In charge with Landing and Geosteering in horizontal wells, using advanced LWD and LWD image tools , drill cuttings analysis, drilling and gas data.
- Ability to correlate current and offset wells.
- Instruct the Directional Driller on the rig site to adjust the directional plan in order to position and keep the well trajectory in the best part of the target layers.
- Communicate between Drilling and G & G personnel onshore.
- Picking up casing and coring points using various investigation tools.
- Preparing and sending Daily Geological Reports, Operations Updates, Geosteering Communications and all other necessary documents.
- Supervising all mudlogging and wireline operations on the rig site.
- Picking up pressure points for the pressure and mobility data (MDT logging).
- Supervising the coring operations.
- Preparing the Final Geological Reports.
(Minimum education required
, background, experience, skills)
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Geosciences
- 10+ years of applied geologic experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Operational experience with horizontal well planning, geo-steering, and construction.
- International experience dealing with host country technical authorities.
- Wellsite Geology experience
- Experience with physical and digital geologic database management
- ABU DHABI experience is a must
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.