Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Using fixed or preset measuring instruments, inspects offshore structures, vessels and pipelines, and their appurtenances for conformance to specifications. Travels offshore on vessels and in aircraft. Examines materials or products for anomalies, damage, or defects, such as cracks, pits, incomplete welds, holes, dents, excessive corrosion, etc. Examines coating conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with diving contractors or individuals to perform various inspections and surveys of offshore structures, vessels and pipelines.
- Performs cathodic protection surveys of offshore structures, vessels, and pipelines.
- Uses camera, video and written documentation techniques in the inspection and survey of offshore structures, vessels, and pipelines.
- Uses and maintains various types of inspection equipment.
- Performs inspection report generation via computer using various software applications.
- Instructs and trains other personnel as needed and as experience permits.
- Continuously learns and improves office and computer skills.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lifts 50-100 pounds.
- Works in confined spaces, kneels, jumps, runs, works while lying on his/her stomach/back, crawls, and uses repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiates between colors.
- Wears PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
- Lifts 25-50 pounds.
- Wears PPE for head, hands.
- Climbs stairs/ladders, stands, balances, stoops, squats, reaches, and lifts/carries objects.
- Twists, sits with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated.
- Works with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operates a motor vehicle.
- Lifts 10-20 pounds.
- Stands and walks.
- Wears PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.