Skills: Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Leeds, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsible for project planning duties including schedule development, schedule baselining, progress measurement set-up, schedule maintenance/progressing as well as schedule analysis/reporting to internal and external stakeholders and customers.
Need to be able to work independently, applying planning and scheduling techniques and ensure schedules are compliant with company planning procedures.
- Ensure and drive for safe working and adherence to HSSE requirements.
- Develops and maintains the integrated master execution schedule as well as major work package project schedules, based on inputs through various supporting systems.
- Coordinates planning efforts to produce the baseline schedule and obtain the proper approvals (thru reviews) from all project stakeholders
- Ensures that the project priorities are clearly communicated to project management, engineering, manufacturing and other functions within the Organization, both at the project and work package levels
- Implements the progress measurement and progress reporting systems in accordance with established procedures
- Participates in risk identification and mitigation; prepares the master Schedule for use in Pertmaster as well as the risk mapping matrix
- Participates in internal/external project meetings and provide inputs/recommendations for the timely completion of the project
- Develops project presentations and provides reporting information for both internal & external use (standard as well as customer specific reports) on an as required basis
- Prepares detailed analysis of the project's critical and sub-critical paths
- Coordinates the development of schedule recovery plans as required
- Identifies and manages project changes to the original scope and provides schedule impact information for the creation of change order requests
- Manages and coordinates update of project schedules for incorporation of approved change orders
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of project assigned planning staff
- Mentors/coaches other members of the planning staff
- Participates and assists in the development and implementation of integrated planning initiatives supporting all planning aspects
- Supports tender schedule creation for new ITT's based on Scope of Work, execution strategy and customer delivery requirements
- Implementation of lessons learned
Requirements for the role:
- Previous planning experience is required within a manufacturing/engineering/project management environment
- Significant experience of project controls work experience (or equivalent), ideally in the oil and gas EPC and/or manufacturing environment
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of Primavera, MS Project and Microsoft Office applications.
In addition, the following is also preferable:
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret and summarize information clearly and quickly
- Experience working internationally with other locations
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in MRP systems (preferably SAP) and scheduling software (Primavera)
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and/or guidance
- Good leadership skills; ability to lead team of planners (not direct reports) assigned to the project
- Good negotiation skills; actively negotiates to maximize project advantages without jeopardizing any relationships
- Knowledge of Pertmaster Risk Management Software and SAP is a plus.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.