Lead HSE Specialist will provide help and support in relation to all HSE matters within the Completions and Well Intervention Manufacturing business, ensuring adherence to all internal HSE policies and external Legal requirements. Essential Responsibilities:
- Perform all functions of the job with the highest level of compliance and integrity.
- Integrate the BH Safety Culture of HSE ownership throughout all areas of the facility.
- Lead the roll out of HSE programs at the facility level.
- Serve as the facility technical program and training resource for all HSE disciplines.
- Lead and conduct HSE audits, inspections and evaluations, including: 1) Physical conditions safety inspections, 2) Program audits, 3) Compliance & Permit audits (Safety, Security, Product & Environmental), 4) IH Sampling, 5) OSHA record keeping audits, and 6) Others as assigned.
- Mentor, manage and facilitate safety champions program within the manufacturing location.
- Provide HSE support to facility for the development of capital improvement needs, plans, and justifications with HSE impact.
- Support Facility Management with incident investigations, corrective action plans and follow-up initiatives, including Workers Compensation review investigations.
- Support facility oversight for environmental programs (Air Permitting, RCRA, SARA, TSCA, and other site level applicable regulations).
- Planning and implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Training/coaching managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Inspecting organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determining corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and following up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Assisting product line managers with the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperating in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Providing support to management and acting as champion for the development and execution of a performance based safety program throughout the company.
- Interfacing with area managers and employees to develop responses to worker safety concerns, including performing JHAs and implementation of engineering controls to eliminate or reduce workplace hazards.
- Representing company for official duties required with environmental and safety regulatory agencies.
- Overseeing the collection and disposal of hazardous waste and maintaining hazardous waste manifest documentation.
- Work closely with Risk Management to ensure Workers Compensation claims, including providing a review of the treatment plan to ensure optimal recovery of worker.
- Determining the compliance necessary and maintaining and updating safety policies and programs, ensuring that new policies or programs are implemented in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Interacting with internal customers to provide cost benefit analysis and waste minimization options to effectively reduce or eliminate waste streams.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience in HSE or related field
- Thorough understanding of HSE regulations and the regulatory process
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong Environmental background in Manufacturing and process plants
- Experience and/or knowledge with Waste Handling requirements, Hazard Communication standards, Risk Identification and Mitigation, and Culture Transformation
- Experience in HSE Management Systems and Auditing
- Experience in Root Cause investigation techniques
- Professional designations recognized by HSE certifying bodies (CIH, CSP, CRSP, ASP, NEBOSH etc...)
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team environment
- Ability to plan and prioritize workloads coupled with ability to work under pressure
- Ability to be flexible when required
Broken Arrow, OK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.