Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The primary function of the Surface Operations Specialist is to provide technical support to ensure successful installation of equipment on a project. Managing an assigned service team, you will motivate and take accountability for the actions taken and develop a team working approach.
- Maintain surface supplied equipment and provides assistance with any equipment design reviews and advise on running of equipment.
- Progress and ensure the timely preparation of equipment, including certification and similar technical literature.
- Collate and prepare reports as required by customer and company.
- Be the specialist in surface supplied equipment, although the scope of involvement is not limited to only surface equipment.
- Modify operating procedures for new equipment, or assembly and test procedures. Support shop floor activities with respect to equipment assembly, stack up testing and function testing.
- Participate in design reviews for new equipment and advise on running of equipment.
- Assist with any equipment design problems / trouble shooting, liaising with the relevant Product Design Group.
- Review contract related matters for technical content and compliance under a structured "contract review" evaluation process.
- Participate in the on call rota (1 week out of 12)
The Job Holder's technical knowledge, skill and experience must embrace the industry's accepted standards; those specifications set out by API, AISI standards, etc. He/she must be aware of regulations covering design, safety, hazard and environmental restraints as laid down by Governmental organisations, etc., pertinent to the customer's sphere of operations.
- Ideally be HND or HNC qualified in a mechanical related subject. Candidates with a proven track record will also be considered.
- Candidates should demonstrate a sound technical surface background.
- Candidates should have considerable offshore experience and ideally hold an offshore survival certificate & relevant medical certification, or certainly have the capacity to obtain these.
- Previous experience of Installation, Operation & Maintenance of Surface Wellheads & Xmas Trees is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, as effective communication both with the Client and service companies. Candidates should be comfortable communicating with personnel at all levels in a company.
- The ability to work effectively with both external and internal customers and good PC skills with previous use of SAP considered beneficial to the role.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.