Skills: Subsea Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Autonomous Vehicle Systems Engineer, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
Looking for an innovative and dynamic team player to join their ROV and Autonomy technology team in Aberdeen in the position of Autonomous Vehicle Systems Engineer. Our expert group works is tasked with delivering industry leading technologies that increase company's Remote and Autonomous systems product and service lines. This includes projects such as:
• Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV)
• Autonomous Surface Vessels
• Automated tooling for subsea vehicle
• Remote Operations of company ROV fleet
• Development Subsea resident ROV/AUVs
• Onshore Control Centres for remote ROV operations
• Electric Work Class Vehicles
• Electric ROV Tooling
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in AUV system development and system integration. Technical skills might include systems engineering, electronics engineering, software engineering, DC motor control and power electronics, battery systems, communications networks. Experience product lifecycle management is also desirable.
A digital mindset is important with a demonstrable understanding of the opportunities created by robotics, analytics and the cloud. Company's programme team aim to be recognised as leaders in the development of Remote and Autonomous systems.
Applicant will have excellent communication skills with the ability to build good working relations at all levels whilst being willing to/be challenged in conventional thinking. A proactive attitude with a keen eye for detail is essential to the success of this role.
The team culture is key in a fast-paced technology programme - candidates must be collaborative team players, capable of contributing new ideas whilst comfortable being challenged themselves. The applicant must be able to take ownership of their work and be accountable for timely delivery.
Experience in AUV system development is advantageous, but applications are encouraged from adjacent engineering sectors with experience in ROV control systems, robotics, telepresence and automation.
- Be subject matter expert (SME) in Remote and Autonomous Systems
- Lead and participate in the specification, design, delivery and integration of innovative systems and solutions in line with the Project requirements.
- Develop new autonomous technology offerings, internally and externally, to increase company capabilities and offerings to the industry
- Work closely with project software partner to steer, develop and implement autonomous vehicle system software
- Engage with stakeholders and fellow engineers to continually evaluate system requirements and project end goals.
- Willingness to have a hands-on approach to development and testing of solutions.
- Communicate changes, emerging risks or additional resource requirements in a timely manner to Project Leads.
- Articulate complex technical concepts in a business context to project stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel within the role during periods of testing, implementation and operations.
- Ability to communicate and support more junior members of the team.
- Develop the company's IP portfolio through identification of opportunities for patents and assess competitor filings.
- Experience in Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV) and accompanying sensor technology.
- Experienced in specification, development, and integration of systems within subsea vehicles (preferably for AUVs although ROV system experience considered)
- Strong understanding of and experience with project and product life cycle management.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Aptitude with developing complex systems.
- Proficiency with schedule management.
- Experience in writing supporting engineering documentation including design documentation, procedures, test plans and manuals.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplined systems engineering team.
- Experience in Vendor and 3rd Party management.
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness.
Preferable Experience / Attributes:
- Experience in control system engineering.
- Software development, control and maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience in specifying and implementation of Battery technology in subsea vehicles and tooling.
- Knowledge and experience of subsea communications (e.g. acoustics, through-water-optical).
- Networks and communications design (e.g. LAN, WAN, VSAT).
- Good working knowledge of industry standards, specifications and guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience of control system safety standards.
- Demonstrable commitment to personal development and technical learning.
- Recognised Engineering degree or equivalent work experience