Skills: Engineering Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To provide technical and clerical assistance to project managers, senior discipline engineers and project teams.
- Operate ACET and Client MMS (i.e. Maximo/SAP)
- Interface with ACET support to ensure workflow is efficient
- Preparation of CTRs and mobilisation requests
- Support the preparation of baseline inspection work packs
- Maintain filing systems/databases
- Assist with maintenance of integrity registers and project plans
- Assist in review of incoming workflow as instructed by Senior Engineers
- Assist with retrieval of project specific technical data
- Preparation and collation of operational data and reporting
- Preparation and maintenance of financial documents and reports as instructed by Project Management
- Assist with duties as directed by Senior Discipline Engineers
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities
- Reports Directly to the Project Manager
- Both the Senior Inspection Engineer and inspection Engineer will also define the day-to-day work for this position
- Performance will be measured by the Senior Project Manager
- Minimum Standard Grades education
- Appropriate Secondary School engineering/technical study/qualifications i.e. HNC/HND qualification or working towards qualification
- A good general technical/engineering knowledge and aptitude
- Ability to work to given deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience of working on PC work stations in particular with Microsoft Excel and Word products
- Ensures that regular consistent communication and interaction takes place with project team
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.