Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Role: Treasury Assistant
Location: Atlas Business Park, Manchester ( M22 5PR)
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000, plus excellent benefits package and study support opportunities
SUPPORTING A GLOBAL LEADER
Ready to kick-start your career in Finance? Bureau Veritas are recruiting for a Treasury Assistant to join our busy Finance Team.
A multi-faceted organisation operating across numerous sites to deliver a wide variety of solutions to clients, Bureau Veritas delivers Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the biggest household names.
This is a great opportunity to hone your skills, combining supported study with practical learning in a fast-paced environment that is anything but mundane.
PLAY YOUR PART
We are looking for an organised, self-motivated individual with excellent attention to detail and the initiative needed to join a busy finance team. The role of the Treasury Assistant is to support the Treasury function in the Finance Team with the end to end process of allocating client cash receipts to open balances.
- Updating Bank Statements daily
- Identify the invoices associated with all incoming multi-currency client receipts using customer remittances, account enquiries, customer enquires alongside liaising with the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable team.
- Record identified client receipts with accuracy and speed ensure all receipts are allocated by 10am on the 1st working day of each month.
- Prepare out-going client payments and Head Office fund transfers and ensure these are accurately booked to the letter in a timely fashion.
- Manage the volume and value of unallocated cash levels.
- Investigate and prepare all client refund requests for Line Manager review
- Investigate and respond to incoming cash allocation related enquiries from Accounts Receivable team, Operations and external clients.
- Reporting on daily cash postings to the wider finance team
- Print and code client remittances to aid the cash posting process
- Scan and save all paperwork associated with posting cash receipts daily
- Deliver cheques to the local bank branch twice weekly
- Support the wider Accounts Payable Team to provide holiday cover
Candidate requirements include:
- 5 GCSE or equivalent Grades A-C
- Previous experience in a finance role
- Intermediate excel skills
- Good organisation skills with effective time management.
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written to peers, clients and senior managers
- Good problem solving abilities
- Ability to process high volumes of transactions with speed and accuracy.
WORK FOR A TRUE GLOBAL LEADER
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.