Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Senior Air Quality Consultant
Location: Manchester or London
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits package
PASSIONATE ABOUT AIR QUALITY?
The role of Senior Air Quality at Bureau Veritas will be responsible for providing high quality consulting advice, both routine and pioneering assessment work, implementing innovative approaches enabling us to provide a holistic and high quality service to our clients.
Our reputable Air Quality team take pride in the high quality services that are delivered to our clients. This is an opportunity to experience the benefit of working with a team of leading experts within their discipline, to act and develop as a Senior Air Quality Consultant, providing a variety of services to a large and diverse clientele.
This role allows you to confidently engage with internal and external stakeholders. Services include: air quality monitoring programmes, dispersion modelling studies, air quality and odour impact assessments, environmental permitting applications, and environmental management programmes.
- Provide high quality technical consultancy to clients
- Contribute to and manage the delivery of projects on time and to budget; to manage resources in the delivery of the projects; to undertake regular project reviews
- Support junior members of staff in the safe delivery of consultancy services and their professional development
- Play an active role in the delivery of an annual Consulting Group Business Development Plan; responding to requests for client work and proposals; be exemplar in client management and relationship building
- Support as required in the definition of the current and future market, market drivers and service offerings of the Consulting Group
- Communicate the company strategy as related by the Consulting Group Manager;
- Contribute to a business forecasts to provide visibility of workloads, team utilisation and business development activities
- Deliver against key personal and divisional KPIs
Candidate requirements include:
- At least 5-years air quality consultancy experience
- A thorough understanding of air quality legislation, policy and guidance
- Experience of the delivery, co-ordination and technical review of air quality assessments
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Proficiency in the application of air emissions databases and dispersion models for industrial and/or transport sources (e.g. ADMS, ADMS Roads, AERMOD)
- Proficiency in the use of GIS and mapping software (e.g. MapInfo, Surfer)
- Proficiency in the use of standard IT applications (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Positive approach to the challenges of change and see change as an opportunity
- Ability to prioritise and schedule objectives to optimise time, cost and quality
- High level of personal drive and commitment
- Strives to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there
Qualifications required include:
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline, and preferably also a Masters
- Proven experience within the UK air quality sector, preferably within environmental consultancy
- Full Membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM), or equivalent, or the necessary qualifications to become such a member
- Full UK Driving license.
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes;
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands; and
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards.
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.