Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Toledo, Ohio, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Performs typical Pipefitter assignments, including layout, fabrication, assembly, modification, installation and maintenance of piping, pipe supports, valves and equipment components for refinery piping systems. This may require the cutting, threading, flange ups and general assembly of piping to relevant BP and industry specifications using appropriate tools.
- Performs piping repair, assembly and installation, including pressure testing of completed assemblies.
- Performs typical Boilermaker assignments, including repair, testing and disassembly/re-assembly of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, boilers, tower tunneling, tray repair/replacement, furnaces and tanks to relevant BP and industry specifications.
- Performs incidental work associated with Pipefitter and Boilermaker tasks
- Works in a team environment and provides direction and assistance to others in support of work assignments and training.
- Performs rigging on assigned jobs.
- The Heavy Craft Code Welder classification also performs code welding on equipment such as pressure piping and pressure vessels in shop and field environments in various positions by using a variety of welding processes (e.g. SMAW and GTAW processes, or other welding processes as appropriate), and to appropriate BP and industry codes.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to provide training/certification documenting one or more of the following qualifications:
- Journeyman's Pipefitter or Boilermaker certificate;
- Or a minimum of 8 years documented relevant work experience in a similar process industry as a Pipefitter or Boilermaker;
- Or equivalent military experience as a Pipefitter or Boilermaker.
- Willingness to work eight to sixteen hour shifts and temporary off shifts that may include weekends, holidays and overtime, and perform physically active job tasks, many of which involve year-round outdoor work in all types of weather.
- The ability to successfully pass the code welding certification.
- Willingness to participate in assessment testing and pre-employment screening that may take several weeks to complete.
- The ability to successfully pass a physical abilities demonstration, including the ability to work in confined spaces, climb ladders to extended heights, turn a valve, and lift and carry up to 50 pounds up flights of stairs.
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Possess a valid driver's license at time of employment.
- Required equipment will accommodate a maximum of 275 lbs.
- Preferred field maintenance experience on piping systems, pressure vessels, boilers, furnaces and/or tanks.
- 2 or more years of welding experience utilizing SMAW and GTAW processes for welding of carbon, stainless steel and chrome Moly.
- Familiarity with operating small cranes, forklifts, etc.
- The ability to measure pipe routing and draft pipe configuration.
- Experience in reading blueprints, welding symbols, drawings, sketches and P&IDs.
- The ability to cut metal plates or structural shapes utilizing oxyacetaylene and plasma arc cutting equipment or shop saw.
- Experience following detailed safety procedures.
- Experience using personal protective equipment (PPE) (e.g., fire protective clothing, safety glasses, hearing protection, flash suits, and fresh air gear).
- A welding certificate and/or experience in welding or fabrication and/or repair of code process equipment, such as piping and vessels relevant to the petrochemical industry.
- Demonstrate welding skills and agility by passing welder performance qualification tests in accordance with ASME Section IX, site technical practices and BP welding procedure specification.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement