Skills: Process Technician, Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Toledo, Ohio, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Essential Functions / Key Accountabilities
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts which will include weekends and holidays, and must be available for overtime
- Monitoring, operation, and maintenance of a refinery process unit(s) in a safe and environmentally sound manner
- Monitoring involves making rounds where equipment is checked for accurate operation
- Responsible for returning the repaired equipment back to service using the appropriate procedure or checklist.
- Responsible for safely performing minor maintenance in their process as well as lead all aspects of the repair of any piece of equipment by the Maintenance Department, by preparing equipment to be worked on and being responsible for the maintenance personnel working in the area
- Safe startup and shutdown of the equipment in their area.
- Accurate reading of levels, pressures, temperatures, and any other operational components
- Maintain compliance with all safety and environmental policies
- Troubleshoot and correct any deficiencies, known or suspect, with the process/equipment and communicate to management, complete "Trouble-Shooting Guide" as necessary prior to Work Requests being written.
- Understand written and verbal orders and function as a team member to accomplish the goals of the department and refinery
- Understands and is follows all Control of Work (CoW) and Process Safety policies and procedures
- The proper application and use of procedures or checklists while remaining aligned with all matters that relate to Process Safety Management
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Preferred: Either a completion of a higher education degree (i.e. Associate Degree, Bachelor Degree, etc.), or recognized apprenticeship program, a minimum of two years training in a technical field, military experience, or two years meaningful work experience in a refinery or manufacturing environment.
Required: Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays and must be available for overtime in an outside all-weather environment.
Preferred: Prior experience working in a refinery, chemical plant, power plant or like industry; or military equivalent. Experience with distillation, filtration, separation, blending, storage, shipping and chemical reaction processes.
The Process Operator's primary objective is to achieve the safe, environmentally sound, reliable, and optimum operations of their operating area. The Process Operator position involves maintaining, monitoring, and controlling the continuous operations of petroleum refining and process equipment. Including managing emergency situations and use of procedures during an emergency. This job description is intended to provide an overview of the position and does not include all the tasks that might be necessary for operations of the Unit.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement