The Analytics & Data Science Specialist position supports the Baker Hughes Global Operations Excellence team in defining and executing critical global initiatives to drive continuous progress toward building best-in-class Global Operations processes and digital transformation in Baker Hughes.
Analytics and insights are core to enabling this transformation by focusing on deep analytics, modeling, machine learning and reporting that help the Baker Hughes Global Operations teams improve customer understanding, create new opportunities for growth, evaluate commercial risk, and manage quality and costs. The team utilizes numerous tools and technologies to stay on the cutting edge of the industry.
As an Analytics & Data Science specialist you will get the opportunity to perform deep dives into commercial and business operational data, work with business partners to help solve real business needs and leverage various tools to perform your responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong business process knowledge as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Analytics & Data Science Specialist, you will:
- Extracts commercial, operational, and financial data from multiple sources and creates integrated analytic data sets
- Identify relationships within data sets that can produce meaningful commercial outcomes, and find patterns and business insights in unstructured data
- Develop state of the art predictive models that evaluate new internal and external data elements and technologies to help achieve business targets
- Partner with sales, business operations, commercial operations, finance, product management, information technology teams to implement predictive models
- Develop and implement new multivariate methodologies to solve practical business problems
- Help evaluate potential for machine learning, optimization analysis, simulations research, geospatial statistics and a growing number of advanced analytic topics
- Documents methods, specifications, and results clearly, and communicates information in a clear and concise manner
- Produces results including, but not limited to: lists, reports, graphical summaries and statistical tests to support business leadership decision making
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, or Social Science from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 5 years of experience in analytics, data science and / or data base systems
- Travel up to 25% of the time, as required
- Strong business acumen
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated ability to translate business vision into tactical execution
- Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills utilizing Tableau or similar data visualization platforms.
- Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses
- Familiarity with SQL and query performance optimization;
- Interest in High Performance Computing and Big Data architectures.
- Hands on experience in developing and implementing methods in computational statistics.
- Capable of influencing global teams to effectively drive execution on large scale projects involving stakeholders from multiple business areas
- Strong experience in working in complex matrix organizations
- Oil and Gas industry expertise
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff including senior management team
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent process implementation, development and change management skills
- Driven, self-motivated and results oriented
- PC proficiency (Excel, Power Point, Word, and Access)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more