Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Provide financial support for assigned cost centers. Apply the principles of accounting in order to prepare timely, accurate financial records in compliance with the company's policies and procedures and related internal controls. Analyze financial information for assigned companies and cost centers.
ANALYSIS & REPORTING:
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of all relevant accounting entries, with supporting documentation as required, for cost centers assigned to adhere to the financial close schedule.
- Review of assigned companies' balance sheet transactions to ensure accuracy, sufficient documentation and ensure all balances are properly supported and recording correcting entries as required.
- Review of assigned cost centers transactions in the income statement, interacting with other relevant parties (mainly Operations Controller and Rig Manager) recording any correcting entries (including legal entity corrections), culminating in the preparation of the rig management reports (Revenue Summary and BUDVAR) with explanations commenting on financial performance.
- Review of monthly information provided by Corporate/Supply Chain group on SPRO/Accounts Payable vouchers in process to capture expenditures requiring accrual.
- Provide support for the various Operations Controllers/Finance Managers during the Budget/Forecast(s) exercise for assigned cost centers.
- Ensure there is a good understanding on the assumptions used for the approved Budget/Forecast(s) which will be beneficial for monthly reporting duties.
- Ensure assigned cost centers are in compliance with the company accounting policy and procedures.
- Ad-hoc miscellaneous duties as assigned to ensure adequately support to designated shared service support operations.
- Financial review of Accounts Payable Non-Purchase Order vouchers for assigned cost center to ensure accurate coding of expense incurred.
- Aged Purchase Order review for assigned cost center(s), interacting with Operations Controller and Rig Manager where required to confirm validity of commitment.
- Assist in any Finance related Audit as required.
- Analysis of A/R Aging and customer contact follow-up
Accounting or Finance degree.
A minimum of two years professional experience. Preference for experience engaged in business lines similar to those of the company.
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge
- Strong aptitude for existing company systems and how they interact.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills - position requires the ability to work on various priority tasks simultaneously and complete them efficiently.
- Ability to take the initiative and work on tasks both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude and willingness to meet deadlines.
No direct team but is involved in the mentoring of new team members and cross training with other accounting staff.
Self-motivated to perform responsibilities with little or no supervision with the ability to identify inefficiencies and act on them.
Recognize and solve problems. Determine priority of assignments based on clearly communicated deliverables.
OTHER: Should any of the assigned cost centers be performing a shipyard project, it would be beneficial for the individual to visit the shipyard and liaise with the Project team.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.