The Lead Project Engineer will be part of GF&DS - Global Fabrication & Distribution Systems team. The role will drive coordination, execution and communication across engineering product lines within multiple projects. The Lead Project Engineer will be responsible for coordination between product line engineering teams to ensure successful completion of project activities on time and on budget.Essential Responsibilities:
- The role will include the coordination of the PE's (Project Engineers) for GF&DS. The role will work directly with the Global Engineering Manager for GF&DS.
- Essential responsibilities may change upon the needs for each project and team solutions. The following is an indication of the covered detailed responsibilities for the role.
- Review data from tender phase and project startup phase, such as execution strategy, scope of supply, schedule and budget, basis of design, risks register.
- Create/review the interface register and communication matrix.
- Get involved and support design activities and technical decisions, track actions and prepare/follow up reporting.
- Accountable for the engineering integrated planning and execution to the plan and the budget.
- Lead monthly scheduled reviews to track progress and spending by team.
- Monitor, explain and resolve any deviations from the early baseline on the engineering S-curve.
- Drive on-time delivery through regular meetings and detailed team engagement.
- Maintain cost analysis, explain and resolve any deviations from the allocated costs/hours within each of the engineering teams.
- Track efficiency factors on projects and forecast project impacts based on changes in efficiency and take corrective actions where necessary.
- Escalate issues if needed into the product line or project leadership to resolve.
- Drive change management control to prevent any impact on cost and schedule.
- Partner with systems engineering to identify and resolve any changes in specifications or product requirements.
- Ensure engineering supports supply chain making sure the production cycle runs as planned.
- Monitor the progress on the building and testing of the manifolds and distribution systems at the remote sites and plan/manage engineering support as need.
- Assure mobilization of site engineering support matches project planning and budget.
- Follow-up technical queries and non-conformances analysis progress.
- Assure lessons learnt are captured by the site engineers and shared with the engineering teams to let improve the future projects execution.
- Shall continuously search for new innovative technical solutions to improve team processes, products and systems.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or comparable discipline
- Experience within the subsea industry - preferably Manifold & Distribution systems
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- A high degree of contractual awareness, interface control and process control, to drive excellence within the engineering function
- Proven project technical leadership experience
- Good understanding of subsea production systems
- Experience within two or more disciplines: structural analysis, piping analysis, design of offshore and/or subsea structures, subsea valves and actuators
- Knowledge to rules and regulations within the Oil & Gas industry (API, ISO, ASME, NORSOK, etc.)
- Highly proactive and results oriented
- Strong analytical skills combined with excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills to enable clear and concise delivery of information to staff, customers and supervisors.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering or comparable discipline
- Knowledge of technical contract terms and conditions
- Knowledge of working within a quality environment (Particularly API Q1 and/or ISO 9001)
- Familiar with CREO, Teamcenter / IPEM or equivalent ERP system
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more