Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Whiting, Indiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Turnaround Cost Planner is responsible for supporting the delivery of reliability and maintenance activities, using basic technical and analytical capabilities to provide guidance on the best approach to ensure the safety, efficiency and reliability of operations
- Responsible for working with the TAR Planning team to develop the TAR Pre-Appraise, Appraise and Select Stage Estimate per the WBU Estimating Guideline.
- Responsible for obtaining contractor proposals and resource plans with assistance from the TAR Event Manager, TAR Superintendent and Field Planner in an agreed to uniform template.
- Responsible for providing support to the TAR Cost Lead in the development of the Capital Shared Cost Allocation spreadsheet, utilizing the guideline agreed upon between Project and TAR.
- Assists the TAR Event Manager, TAR Superintendent, TAR Field Planner and TAR Cost Lead on the spending projections during Front End Loading (FEL).
- Responsible for creating Direct/Indirect SAP Maintenance Orders and Purchase Requisitions as prescribed by the WBU TAR MO and PO Creation Guideline including supplemental requests as needed.
- Responsible to monitor costs to ensure that charges are within budget, allocated correctly and actual manpower levels are consistent with manpower plan. Inform the appropriate TAR Event Manager, TAR Superintendent, Field Planners and TAR Cost Lead.
- Key player in helping assist with the creation of Change Order/Extra Work Order forms per the procedure as needed.
- Key player in helping assist with the creation of the Delay forms per the procedure as needed.
- Responsible for collecting and archiving all relevant data on cost and schedule performance metrics so that it can be used by future TAR teams and logging in Roser moving forward with the assistance of the TAR Cost Lead.
- Responsible for the close out of all Maintenance Orders and Purchase Orders following successful TAR Execution.
- Contributor to continuous improvement in the TAR system and procedures.
- Required to attend weekly/twice a week Cost Meetings with the TAR Event Manager, TAR Superintendent, TAR Field Planner and TAR Cost Lead.
- Highly demanding and fast paced job, particularly during execution.
- Ability to sort through, isolate, and communicate the relevant cost and schedule performance data during TAR execution.
- Maintains strong relationship with multi-discipline team during times of intensity work periods.
- Drives the quality and timeliness of contractor deliverables related to cost and schedule during the TAR, including schedule progress and emergent work.
- Capable of working across several departments in order to coordinate with other disciplines
- Understand importance of personal & process safety and how to incorporate them into the TAR planning process.
- Understands differences between reimbursable, lump sum, fixed fee, and other contracting strategies.
- Understands the assembly and disassembly of fixed equipment & piping.
- Understands relationship between the cost estimate and the schedule on the overall project controls process.
- Understands the difference between direct and indirect costs per BP definition.
- Indirectly accountable for the accuracy of TAR cost and schedule performance reported to East of Rockies Fuels Value Chain.
- Required Bachelor of Science - Construction Management, Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Preferred Bachelor of Science in Construction Management with an MBA
- Required: 3 or more years in refining, petrochemical, or utility plant w/ BS Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management
- Preferred: 7 or more years of planning experience and demonstrated advancement capability in refining, petrochemical, or utility plant w/ Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement