Baker Hughes Flow Assurance Department in Norway is looking for experienced flow assurance (FA) engineer to strengthen our global flow assurance teams. The FA engineer will be responsible for performing all kinds of flow assurance activities, 1D and 3D numerical fluid-flow including thermal, multiphase flow and erosion simulations for subsea components and systems applications. She/he is highly motivated individual, pro-active in our approach to design and problem solving, and being a high-level technical contributor as well as a good team player, working with our global team and international customers.
The role requires solid background in thermo-fluid and multiphase flow modeling and simulation using commercial software, OLGA, PVTsim, PipeSim as well as CFD packages (CFX, Fluent, etc.). Experiences in Heat Transfer and Thermal and Multiphase (sand/erosion) flow analysis for Subsea Applications are essential. The candidate should have a good understanding of multiphase flow modeling and simulation along with excellent academic background.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with global team to execute Oil & Gas flow assurance, fluid flow and thermal analysis for Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) as well as for early engineering project for major oil companies.
- Assist in Early Engineering activities, FEED field development studies, tenders and EPC projects.
- Be responsible for evaluation and reporting of Flow Assurance fluid flow simulation results working with the Flow Assurance Seniors and Chief Engineer.
- Drive advanced Flow Assurance solutions for our customer projects, for new technologies and products development.
- Promote and ensure compliance to Baker Hughes and regulatory HSE requirements & expectations at all time
- Compliance with our customers and projects HSE Plan, as well as all Quality Plan related requirements
- Master degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline
- Strong working experience, with good working exeprience as FA engineer for Subsea applications with focus on field development, EPC execution including 1D / 3D flow and thermal modeling and analysis.
- Deep knowledge of commercial flow Assurance and CFD software packages such as OLGA, CFX or/and Fluent and ANSYS FEA-Thermal solvers.
- Experiences in using computation mesh generation software, such as ICEM, ANSYS Design Modeler, etc.
- Fluent English in oral and written, and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Goal oriented; used to producing high quality results to tight deadlines - on time quality delivery.
- Comfortable presenting technical study results to customers
- PhD, with Research background especially in theoretical disciplines Fluiddynamics/Multiphase Flows
- Work experiences with alternative flow assurance software such as LedaFlow, Multiflash and HYSYS, or other solvers used for multiphase / FA modeling
- Understanding of the oil and gas industry and the requirements for reliable and robust solutions for industrial applications, and Subsea industry
- International work experiences and attitude
- Project management and systems engineering experience
- Quality certification, such as Six-Sigma Green Belt certification
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more