Skills: CAD / CAM
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Senior Configuration Analyst's primary role is a technical lead for OES configuration management applications and CAD softwares, and maintains the OES COTS SolidWorks Model Library.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs technical/administrative lead functions associated with planning and supporting the implementation of proposed changes to system/equipment hardware and/or software configuration items;
- Responsible for the hardware and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) library;
- With minimal instructions, prepares CAD solid models (SolidWorks part and assembly level) including application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, for moderately complex equipment or mechanisms;
- Interacts with engineering and designers to model new COTS parts and to ensure the COTS Library contains models that meet current drafting standards;
- Reviews COTS parts created and submitted by other Senior Configuration Analysts as required;
- Performs technical/administrative functions associated with planning and supporting the implementation and maintenance of internal and third-party applications;
- Conducts training on workflows and EPDM;
- Coordinates with other stakeholders to develop efficient plan for product drawings including numbering, naming and optimizing to allow use on multiple product lines with minimal effort;
- Supports the development or review of engineering change proposals;
- Develops inputs for contract technical packages (SOW, CDRL, Specifications);
- Performs configuration and data management of all projects;
- General Administrator for OES' Product Data Management (PDM) system; Solidworks Enterprise PDM;
- Leads the development and continuous improvement of OES' EPDM workflows and templates;
- Leadership role in the development, maintenance, and management of Oceaneering standards;
- Develops generic technical documents for product line that can be used for initial submittals;
- Responsible for the development and/or reviews of configuration management plans, technical documentation, specifications or planning/management and logistics data;
- Ensures Contract and Divisional procedural requirements are addressed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree desired; may substitute experience for degree.
- 5 years experience in configuration and data management.
- 5 years experience with Enterprise Product Data Management experience.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with ASME Y14 drafting standards.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the Company and subcontractor organization.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to work in the U.S.
- SolidWorks Associates Certificate.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.