Skills: Project Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate the execution of projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the program manager and project managers as required
- Coordinate project schedules
- Provide schedule status reports
- Coordinate project activities and ensure all project phases are documented properly
- Visit shop floor to determine status of project deliverables
- Coordinate testing of equipment with customers
- Set up and manage project team meetings as needed
- Help coordinate the activities of project engineers and supply chain management
- Interact with customer as required
- Visit shipyards or offshore drilling rigs occasionally
- Assist in change order management
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years' related industry experience or combination of education and experience
- Familiar with scheduling principles (Baseline, Critical Path, etc.)
- Technical knowledge and understanding of hydraulic, electronic, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems
- Bachelor's degree (engineering, science, math)
- CAPM or PMP certification
- Knowledge of ERP and/or MRP systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to establish and maintain project priorities. Skill to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
- This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.