Baker Hughes's Flow Assurance Centre of Excellence is looking for an experienced Flow Assurance Engineer, highly motivated individual, pro-active in our approach to design and problem solving, being a high-level technical contributor as well as technically overseeing/mentoring junior engineers.
The role requires strong Upstream Process background in all subsea project stages: concepts, FEED, detailed design, installation and operations, as well as strong Analytical and numerical background in flow induced vibration modeling and simulation. Experiences in the flow induced vibration analysis and simulation tools for Subsea Oil & Gas Applications are essential, ideally in multiphase flow areas along with a good academic and experimental background.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with international team to execute Oil and Gas Flow Induced Vibration and multiphase analysis for Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) projects for major oil companies.
- In projects, the Advanced Engineer FA may have various roles and will work closely with the Project Engineering Manager and the Systems Engineering Department.
- Work independently to solve flow induced vibration issues in the design and project execution phases of Baker Hughes equipment as well as supporting product developments.
- Support Risk Assessment, HAZOP and Interface Engineering within the boundaries of product standards.
- Organize and schedule events, activities and resources and be accountable for performance and deliveries.
- Assist in field development studies, early engineering, tenders and EPC projects.
- Develop standard best practices of analytical and numerical methods for multiphase flows.
- Provide coaching and training for Flow Assurance engineers and transfer knowledge and experience.
- Responsible for technical documentations/reports review and approval.
- Identify research opportunities and work with Global Research Centers and external research institutes to drive advanced solutions for projects and drive new technologies.
- Promote and ensure compliance to company, regulatory HSE requirements and regulatory Quality management systems as well as to project HSE, Quality Plan and related requirements
- You will be PhD or MSc. degree qualified in Mechanical and Chemical Engineering or a related discipline,
- Have working experience as a Flow Assurance Engineer and has experience with Flow Induced Vibration tools and standards (particularly the "Energy Institute Gaudiness for FIV)
- Excellent Work Experience with commercial software such as PULSIM-suit, OLGA, PVTsim, Pipesim and HYSIS as well as CFD/FEA commercial software.
- Working knowledge within Upstream Oil & Gas projects in all stages of project execution including conceptual, pre-FEED, FEED, detailed design, as well as installation and operations support,
- Fluent English in oral and written.
- Goal oriented; used to producing high quality studies to tight deadlines.
- Comfortable presenting technical study results to customers and excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent understanding of the oil and gas industry and the requirements for reliable and robust solutions and on-time quality delivery.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline, with Research background in experimental and/or theoretical disciplines Flow Induced Vibration for Subsea and Multiphase flows.
- Strong experience with PULSIM-Suit, ANSYS CFX, Mechanical and Fatigue Analysis Tools.
- Coaching, teaching and team development Skills.
- International work experiences
- Project management experience
- Quality certification: Six-Sigma certification
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more