Skills: Accounting, Financial Audit
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Director to join us on a permanent basis in our Aberdeen office.
This is an exciting time to join Worley, we have had a transformational year and experienced extensive growth. The Jacobs ECR acquisition has increased our global footprint to almost 60,000 employees With this company growth, our Finance division is going through a transitional period where we are creating a Finance Hub of excellence to be based out of our Aberdeen Office. We are recruiting for key positions to join us in the Aberdeen office and one of them is extremely notable to not only this transition but also the strategic direction of the future of our company in the UK. We are interested in speaking with individuals for a Country Finance Director - UK position to be based out of our Central Aberdeen office, someone that can support the transition and movement towards single system integration. This role is significant to partnering with the business on an advisory level.
We are seeking out an individual that has the experience and determination to join our Leadership Team with the strong motivational, strategic attributes to lead our Finance Division. Are you looking for a challenge in an fantastic role with a progressive company? People are at the heart of our business and we promote a collaborative culture, where you're ideas are heard and given the opportunity to become reality.
Major Accountabilities of the Position:
- Deliver HSE performance through visible leadership and support the locations to ensure zero harm.
- Day to day finance business partner to the P&L owners for Energy & Chemical Services, Major Projects, Integrated Solutions and Mining, Minerals & Metals representative of Finance function to the operations
- Provides financial leadership as a key member of the operational management team; provides financial advice and commercial support to operations; actively participates in an operations management to deliver strategic objectives.
- Provides financial input regarding labour costs, overheads and other projects costs for all material bids and tenders, and advice regarding appropriate contractual commercial terms and conditions, including FX, tax and credit implications
- Involved in the development and regular review of business and operational plans for each operation
- Works closely with Project Managers and participates in monthly project reviews to challenge the financial and commercial health of projects
- Ensures alignment of the project controls and finance functions
- Directs the project invoicing function and ensures timely and accurate billings
- Responsible for more complex projects and ad hoc analysis. Designs financial models, scenarios and sensitivities for projects. Advises on the design and application of models.
- Develops processes that enable the business to effectively manage its costs. Identifies and implements cost reductions and/or leakages.
- Identifies and manages financial and treasury risks of the location
- Responsible for delivering consistent, accurate and timely management information (financial and statistical) to all key stakeholders for decision making purposes
- Oversight of the planning, directing and coordinating of the country accounting and administration functions.
- Ensures accuracy and consistency in application of Accounting Policy and Standards and appropriate internal controls.
- Leads budget and forecast preparation for the location and provides information supporting long range planning activities
- Monitors and manages overheads compared to budget and forecast
- Manage and direct the Finance Controller to ensure all location assets and liabilities are accurately stated; ensures complete and designated balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled on a timely basis
- Engages with the business services centre where appropriate
- Works closely with the regional Tax Manager to ensure full compliance with all relevant tax laws
- Overall project accounting responsibility of all projects and joint ventures, including compliance with revenue and profit recognition policies
- Analyzes, interprets and presents financial results to senior management; comparing budget/forecast to actual, including KPI's, key business drivers and trends, overheads, business development activities and market conditions.
- Ensure auditable compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements and achievement of sound corporate governance and compliance with The Way, WorleyParsons policies and IFRS. Responsible for the books and records of the location.
- Responsible for weekly chargeability data and reporting; monitor location chargeability % and volumes to highlight anomalies against budget
- Recruits, trains, coaches and develops staff
- Ensures approved position descriptions, KPI's, development plans, and succession plans are in place for all staff/positions; effectively counsels and evaluates the performance of team members and provides for their professional development and career growth; ensures all team members are effectively contributing to the business; supports regional staff development and succession planning efforts for the benefit of the region as a whole
- Creates and maintains a work environment that attracts and retains world class financial talent
- Ensures the location has the appropriate systems, tools and processes to support the operations (sources these from the global functions where appropriate)
- Position and steward the implementation of Finance approved strategies, policies and processes in location to ensure consistent Group-wide best practice is delivered.
- Collaborates with other Country Finance Directors, Financial Controllers, BSC and key internal stakeholder groups to act in a manner that supports the global business through sharing of resources, and intelligence to optimise delivery to customers, particularly for multi-location and / or global customer projects.
- Drives best in class cash management around DSO and WIP (collections efficiency and invoicing efficiency)
- Stewards ongoing cash forecasting; upholds strong, visible credit risk management in the sub-region
- Actively monitors at-risk clients for financial impairment
- Communicates regularly with Project Managers and Project Controls staff to ensure accurate and timely customer invoicing and up-to-date project cost information
- Monitors weekly and daily AR reports and daily collections and engages business for resolutions of disputes and timely collection of outstanding accounts
- Cash dashboard completion for location management and group reporting
- Overall responsibility for liquidity management of the location
- Identifies and contributes to the ongoing development of systems and processes to enhance capabilities, including delivery of deeper information for decision support.
- Identifies and supports cost reduction opportunities across the location
Job Specific Knowledge:
- 8- 10 years significant financial experience in either the industry or directly for a E&C or EPC services provider
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience.
- Exceptional technical and analytical accounting skills, specifically in the areas or financial modelling, analysis and reporting
- Extensive budgeting and forecasting experience
- Experience as a strategic business partner to operational teams across the business; has provided commercial support and analysis related to ongoing or potential business activities and contract negotiations
- Experience leading and supervising financial teams
- Engineering, consulting and construction project experience.
- Good understanding of relevant legislation and internal and external compliance requirements
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Degree and applicable professional accounting designation
- Expert technical understanding of GAAP and IFRS; maintains the highest professional ethics and standards.
- Familiar with ERP and BI environments, specifically Oracle and Hyperion.
*Certain benefits are not applicable to employees who reside outside of the UK
*As a people business we support flexible working and champion diversity and inclusion at all levels. We offer excellent remuneration and benefits packages, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects